My general purpose cockpit

gene172

I decided to post a pic of my cockpit, I built about 4 years ago as a retirement project. My goal was to have a GA cockpit where I could fly a variety of aircraft instead of a specific aircraft. The shell is cabinet grade plywood, designed with the help of Sketchup and the assistance of a cabinet maker friend who cut the wood for me. Mostly I like to fly GA, such as the F1 172, PA-18 Archer, Carendo Beech Baron as my favorite. I recently puchased the A2A 172 trainer, which is fantastic. However, some of the GoFlight controls do not work correctly. So I am in the process of learning Lua to re-program those controls. Also I added a small second computer and Simplugins to put the guages on the 4th monitor.

I put this up so it may trigger some ideas from another perspective.

Gene

Img_2339d.jpg

i7 975 @ 4.0,NH-D14, ASUS P6T Deluxe V2, Win 7 64bit, 12GB, GTX570, Crucial SSD 1TB, WD 300 GB VRAP, WD 2TB, Antec 1200 tower,FSX Gold, FSUIPC, UTX, GEX, Simplugins

This is really nice, great details in the wooden structure and those 2 lights in the top corner are just too cool. Have fun flying in it...
Windows 7 Home Professional (x64) Service Pack 1, Asus P8Z77-V, Intel Core I7 3770K 3.50 Ghz, 16 GB, PC3-memory, Asus Radeon HD 7970, Samsung 840 Pro Series 256 GB, S-ATA III.

The black thingy with the wire attached above the throttles is a volume & switch control for the main speakers. I didn't see any way to neatly mount it. (I have an external cheap amplifier for the speakers.)

i7 975 @ 4.0,NH-D14, ASUS P6T Deluxe V2, Win 7 64bit, 12GB, GTX570, Crucial SSD 1TB, WD 300 GB VRAP, WD 2TB, Antec 1200 tower,FSX Gold, FSUIPC, UTX, GEX, Simplugins

Archived