Looking for a Virtual Airline

asmw72749

After about 4 months of logging hours and getting back to my old ways, I am finally ready to join a VA. However, there are a few bumps in that runway. At the moment, I am running FS9 on my PC but I do not have internet. All of my internet activities are done via school or on my phone. I am looking for a VA that I can fly offline and then find a way to log my flight on my phone if possible. As for add-ons, I can download those in myfree time at school or the library and put them on my PC. At the moment, I am able to fly any small aircrafts (C208s for example). I have also put numerous hours into prop liners (Dash 8, ATR) and have been logging hours in regional jets (CRJ, Embraer) and have been working with the default Boeing 734. I am hoping to move my way up the ladder to bigger airliners but I am willing to fly almost anything if need be. If anyone could provide some possible virtual airlines that would meet these criteria, I would highly appreciate. Also, as a bonus, could anyone suggest any low cost internet solutions for my PC?

Almost every VA out there requires you to log your flight live via some sort of ACARS program, which requires you to be connected to the internet while doing your flight. So you're going to struggle to find a VA that you can fly with while offline.

However, there is one that I fly with that might suit you. It's DC3 Airways which can be found at http://www.dc3airways.com/

It doesn't require you to be connected to the internet while flying but instead operates on a 'trust' system, whereby you record the details of your flight (start location, end location and flight time) and then manually log your flight via the website - most people will do it as soon as they've finished their flight but you could wait until you have access to the internet at school or in a library.

As the name implies, it's DC3 planes only (which won't suit everyone) but at least it's a way to get flying with a VA until you get internet access.

I'm sure there are other alternatives out there and hopefully other forum members will be able to give you additional suggestions.

Regards

Brian

If you're 18, Platinum Airways probably offers what you're looking for. We are by default an offline VA, although we are also affiliated with VATSIM. We apply the Open Skies principle, which means that you fly the mission of your choice with the aircraft of your choice at the time of your choice. PIREPs are filed via a webform that can be completed via a smartphone or tablet.

--

Stijn

Honorary President, Platinum Airways

Check out http://www.soarvirtualairlines.net

We have a way to manually submit flights from out site easily. Our website is also semi phone accessible. But, we just had a graphic artist redo our site and this one seems to be very mobile friendly. Should be up Thursday.

We support all simulators.

Cheers,

Thomas

Thomas Hawksworth CEO of Soar Virtual Airlines

Archived