Can't capture screenshots in game.

lazorbeam

I don't know if this was asked before so apologies. I've been trying to capture screenshots of certain landmarks and the area where I live and I can't do it as when I do, I get the "Unable to capture screenshot" message. I don't know if there's something I can set to capture them or if it's what I'm using to play the game. I have to use a laptop as I don't have a PC, which is a Gateway NE56R41u, 4 GB DDR3 Memory & 500 GB HDD.

If you have the Steam Edition, Steam has a built-in screenshot function that runs in the overlay for all its games, and is triggered by F12. It then keeps all your screenshots in its own library which you can use to upload to their servers, or share on FB, or just access on your disk. You can caption them, add descriptions etc. If you DON'T have the Steam Edition, but do have Steam, you may be able to add the game to the Steam library (it won't actually change anything, it just gives you a launcher in your steam client) and access the screenshot function from there.

Edit: here's how Steam shows the screenshots you choose to upload to your profile: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197965920199/screenshots/

Also handy is Windows 7 Snipping Tool for you to save and edit your screen shot. From there you can annotate your image with text, arrows, circles, etc. I use Photoshop Elements 12. Ron

snipping tool 1.jpg

RAM: Team T-Force 32GB CPU: RYZEN 7 3700X 8-Core 3.6 GHz (4.4 GHz Max Boost) Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 super C Drive: M.2 SSD 1.0tb CPU Air Cooler: DEEPCOOL GAMMAX GTE V2, PSU: Bronze 600W, Flight Stick: Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS, W10

One of these :)

Ron

DeHavilland DHC2 a.jpg

RAM: Team T-Force 32GB CPU: RYZEN 7 3700X 8-Core 3.6 GHz (4.4 GHz Max Boost) Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 super C Drive: M.2 SSD 1.0tb CPU Air Cooler: DEEPCOOL GAMMAX GTE V2, PSU: Bronze 600W, Flight Stick: Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS, W10

If my printscreen and ingame screenshot capture keys don't work in various games and sims, I simply use FRAPS, it's a free download, key F10 captures the shots and puts them in the FRAPS folder, and from there you can fish them out and crop/resize/enhance them to your hearts content with Paint or an imaging program like free Irfanview, I've been doing it for years..:)

(also useful is key F9 to start a 30-second video capture in FRAPS)

FRAPS works fine with my Win 7 but check around their site to see if it also mentions Win 8.

They also say FRAPS might impact frame rates if it's running during gameplay, depends on your system.

FRAPS- http://www.fraps.com/download.php

Archived