FSX and AIFP3 - Can you use one aircraft many times by changing ID Number?

Wasn't sure where to post this but I'm working with FSX

I'm trying to make a particular airport quite busy with General Aviation AI traffic, with an emphasis on seeing approximately 30 aircraft parked at any given time. No Commercial Airline traffic. Just small planes and corporate jets.

With AIFP3, you add aircraft to your AIRCRAFT LIST (for creating flight plans) that I believe is pulled from the FSX list of available Aircraft.

So, what if you wanted to add more aircraft flightplans to and from a particular airport than there are aircraft (and repaints) installed in FSX?

Could you for example, duplicate the same Cessna 172 to create 20 or 30 Cessna 172 flight plans to and from that airport simply by assigning a different tail number to each instance of the Cessna 172?

OR....would there need to be 20 or 30 different instances of Cessna 172's installed in FSX to do this?

Edited by SummerSimmer

ROG Strix X470 Gaming MoBo

Ryzen 7 2700X CPU

Crucial 1TB MX500 2.5" Internal SSD

G.SKILL Flare X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 3200

The last time I played with AI, you used the titles to make the assignment, not just a tail number so yes it's just an extension of the paint 1, paint 2, paint 3 names (titles) that you see with default aircraft. If you copy the sim.0 aircraft and make it sim.73 with the title=C72 paint 73 it's a different aircraft even if it looks like aircraft 0. That's basically all there is to it.

Loyd

PS

The best way I've found for parked aircraft is to design their flight to occur only once a week and to do a single circuit (take off and then land) at 3 am and the rest of the day/week schedule will be as a parked aircraft waiting for that takeoff time. that's the way I did anyway (Opa knew best)

Edited by llivaudais

Hooked since FS4... now flying:

self-built i7-4790 at 4 GHz; GA-Z97X mobo; GTX 970; 16GB gskill;

quiet, fast and cool running.

Win 7/64: 840 EVO OS; 840 EVO (500G) game drive;

Win10/64: 850 EVO (500G) for OS and games

A few Flightsim videos on YouTube at CanyonCorners