Autogen: change roofs from red to grey?

aeroone

Hello,

In my part of the real world, most roofs tend to be grey, rather than red. In FSX I am seeing numerous buildings with red roofs (although some are grey). Is it possible to change the red roofs in FSX (or at least most of them) to grey? Somehow can a different texture be specified?

Then again, I'm also seeing many buildings with white walls, whereas it would be more realistic for this area if most of them were a brickwork colour...

You don't say what area of the world is in question, but autogen roof textures in FSX do differ for various parts of the world. I don't know if GEX does anything to make these textures more accurate, but you could certainly make your own modifications.

Specifying a different texture would be difficult, but you could modify the textures to your own preferences. Backup the original textures, use DXTBmp to change the texture to 24 bit BMP, use a paint program to change colors with a tint tool and use DXTBmp to save the texture in the original format.

Asus Prime Z490-P motherboard, Intel i7-10700K CPU, 32GB DDR4 3200 memory, GeForce RTX 2070-8GB video, 1TB M.2 SSD, Windows 10-64 bit, Acer 23"WS LCD and Benq 19" LCD, Logitech Flight Yoke, Thrustmaster Pedals, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick, TrackIR 5, MSFS Deluxe and FSX Deluxe, UTX-USA2, UTX-TAC, GEX-NA, ASN, WOAI

Archived