Hat Switch Panning

Jim Hall

I have my hat switch on my CH Eclipse yoke for View (Pan) and I am able to look around; however, it stays where I last looked and I have to fumble around trying to get it to look forward again. Is there a way to make the view look forward center quickly? Especially when I'm looking back waiting for the 45 deg angle on pattern approach.
i7-7700k @ 4.2 Ghz, 16 GB DDR4/3000,2280 SSD M.2,Genome II Case,Nvidia GTX 1080 rear exhaust, Samsung 40" HDTV & Two 24" HP side monitors. Redbird Alloy yoke, pedals, and throttle. A single Saitek Instrument Panel and Cessna trim wheel. Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 speakers. Windows 10 64 bit. 58 measured Mbps.

= "eyepoint Reset"

that does two things:

It resets the view to 'forward'

but it also resets the eyepoint (seat position).

So if you had moved the eyepoint up in flight using " etc", that will now be reset,

and you will have to adjust your eyepoint again.

A better command to use is:

"Look Forward (3D Cockpit)"

This does not change the eyepoint and only resets the view to "Forward".

I have "Look Forward (3D Cockpit)" assigned to a joystick button, and use it all the time.

I still have "eyepoint Reset" assigned to .

Comes in handy as well but I don't use it nearly as much.

Look Forward - controls.JPG

Edited by il88pp
[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thank you gentlemen for your advice.
i7-7700k @ 4.2 Ghz, 16 GB DDR4/3000,2280 SSD M.2,Genome II Case,Nvidia GTX 1080 rear exhaust, Samsung 40" HDTV & Two 24" HP side monitors. Redbird Alloy yoke, pedals, and throttle. A single Saitek Instrument Panel and Cessna trim wheel. Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 speakers. Windows 10 64 bit. 58 measured Mbps.