See the fleet

CrisRAtkin

Ok, I have a question. Is it possible to have all the planes in my "fleet" tied down on the ramp in the background? I'd love to see the ramp populated by planes rather than empty, and having the planes in my "fleet" populate the tiedowns would make it all the better.

You "might" get all the default aircraft to display (though I doubt it) by using the SDK to place and display them, but remember the cost.... you've only got 4 GB of memory to hold 'all' those aircraft. I have 87 extra aircraft in another folder available but they take up another 12Gb of space - I can't display all those at the same time (not to mention another 400+ waiting outside of FSX that it can't 'see').

So, yes, you can display aircraft available to your sim, but only up to the 'approaching 4 gig limit'. You can display some practical number and video record them repeatedly and then splice the vids together so it looks like they are all there simultaneously but that's as close as you can get in the 32-bit FSX environment.

You can see a brief sample in my "Lethal Weapons" video on my YouTube channel linked below or directly

Loyd

Hooked since FS4... now flying:

self-built i7-4790 at 4 GHz; GA-Z97X mobo; GTX 970; 16GB gskill;

quiet, fast and cool running.

Win 7/64: 840 EVO OS; 840 EVO (500G) game drive;

Win10/64: 850 EVO (500G) for OS and games

A few Flightsim videos on YouTube at CanyonCorners

Dang, you're right; I have WAMA but haven't used it in ages. That would work. I now remember placing a bunch of Tornado's for another vid but using a Flight Recording for their display afterwards. The earliest and easiest placement method I ever used was simply to make a custom flightplan where all the desired AC start at the desired airport and remain parked there for the entire week EXCEPT that once each week they fly one single pattern at (maybe) 3 AM and then return to their parking place so they always are parked in place during daylight hours. The AI flightplan software is easier to use than installing the SDK anyway!

summary: SDK, WAMA, AI flightplan or Flight recording - lots of options.

Loyd

Hooked since FS4... now flying:

self-built i7-4790 at 4 GHz; GA-Z97X mobo; GTX 970; 16GB gskill;

quiet, fast and cool running.

Win 7/64: 840 EVO OS; 840 EVO (500G) game drive;

Win10/64: 850 EVO (500G) for OS and games

A few Flightsim videos on YouTube at CanyonCorners