Daylight time activated too late

leuen

When I set the time at 08:00 AM Central European Winter Time it's still dark night. With FSX at the same time I get normal daylight. Furthermore FS9 shows a difference of two hours compared to GMT, while FSX shows just one hour. Is there a way to set beginning of daylight and local time correctly?

Thanks for any advice.

Bernard

I found this to be happening at times whenever we (U.S.) exhibited a switch from Standard to Daylight Savings Time or vice versa.

My solution was to always start the default flight ...... adjust time to the correct time ..... and Save the flight (overwriting the old "default"). Next time I opened the flight, the time was adjusted to the correct time automatically. Flying to another time zone also followed correctly.

Hope this works for you too.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Obvisouly the local time remains at summer time (2 hours more than UTC), even if FS uses system time. I can live with. However, daylight setting lags at least 2 hours compared to local time. It means that the brightness of daylight at f.i. 08:00 AM should be the brightness which is reached at 10:00 AM. Incontestable an program error.

Bernard

Archived