Oddities in FSX

farrout

I am on a learning mission. I've been flying FS9 for about a year but recently loaded the Steam version of FSX.

I decided to do a lot of ground taxi work to get my chart skills up.

Found two interesting things.

1. FSX and FS9 both have a runway 5-23 at Heathrow that doesn't appear on any charts, or apparently in real world.

2. Keflavik airport (BIKF), where I was stationed in the US Navy in the 1970's, has trees growing on the taxi ways in the parking area.

Interesting.

Lots to learn.

When FS9 and FSX were produced, 2004 and 2006, Heathrow did have a Runway 5-23. But like so many major airports of the world they are going thru an upgrade process. Rwy 5-23 was decommissioned for a new terminal I believe.

Some trees, in FSX. can grow in asphalt and concrete.

2. Keflavik airport (BIKF), where I was stationed in the US Navy in the 1970's, has trees growing on the taxi ways in the parking area.

You need "Lumberjack!"

Search the Library here for "Lumberjack". Jim Keir created two versions of Lumberjack. One removes 3x the width of the runway worth of trees from both ends of the runway. The other removes 5x the width of the runway from both ends.

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?searchid=33414475

Bill Leaming http://smileys.sur-la-toile.com/repository/Combat/0054.gif

Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling Military Visualizations

Flightsim.com Panels & Gauges Forum Moderator

Flightsim Rig: Intel Core i7-2600K - 8GB DDR3 1333 - EVGA GTX770 4GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium

Development Rig1: Intel Core i7-3770k - 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD7770 SLI 1GB - Win7 64bit Professional

Development Rig2: Intel Core i7-860 - 8GB DDR3 Corsair - GeForce GTS240 1GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium

NOTE: Unless explicitly stated in the post, everything written by my hand is MY opinion. I do NOT speak for any company, real or imagined...

Archived