Lil' help on TDS 787 issue

richiemo

Gang - I love the TDS 787-10. But I'm noticing that when you begin to extend flaps on approach, the plane goes into a serious nose down pitch. It will slowly adjust back up, but still stays down in an unrealistic manner. I've tried to reduce the flap extension times so they extend in shorter increments. No help. The I reduced something in the aircraft cfg. called pitch_scalar, thinking that reduce the flaps' impact on pitch. No help. I did a search in google and there was reference to an updated FDE for the 787-8 awhile back, but I can't use that for the 787-10. Anyone have any ideas. It's very unrealistic and kinda ruins an otherwise great airplane

The nose-down pitch means you're too fast, you should be doing 180kts max on approach, reducing to between 140-150kts on final with flaps full down.

Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

• 5 months later...
Yes I had the same issue until the aircraft cfg file was updated for all the 787 models. If you guys have facebook look up the group is called fs2004 fde/panel design group, just search for the newer cfg files it really makes a difference.

Gang - I love the TDS 787-10. But I'm noticing that when you begin to extend flaps on approach, the plane goes into a serious nose down pitch. It will slowly adjust back up, but still stays down in an unrealistic manner. I've tried to reduce the flap extension times so they extend in shorter increments. No help. The I reduced something in the aircraft cfg. called pitch_scalar, thinking that reduce the flaps' impact on pitch. No help. I did a search in google and there was reference to an updated FDE for the 787-8 awhile back, but I can't use that for the 787-10. Anyone have any ideas. It's very unrealistic and kinda ruins an otherwise great airplane

Me too. Exactly the same experience with richiemo. I tried numerous things ... little or no luck. Severe pitch down when changing flaps. Roller coaster! Bummer. Also, in cruise altitude and .85 mach, pitch is negative degrees, about -1.0...... nose down (bad).

I made some adjustments in the cfg to the lift on the flaps. Helped a little. And now I only extend the flaps when I'm in level flight. I'll level at 7000 ft for example, extend flaps, then start down again. But I'll look for the new fde panel

I find that in the TDS 787 for FSX, the three models all have a different problem: The center of gravity seems to be off, constantly pitching the nose up, even at cruising altitude. This leads to a constant steam of condensation from the wing tips. Trying to fix the C of G with different fuel or cargo configurations has no real effect on it.

The pitch scalar on flap pitch is not right IMO. It is 1.5 and it should be -0.490 for all flaps sections. Also the horiz stab incidence is 1.5 and it should not be that high. More like 0.650. Also the flaps drag is 0.6 and should be 1.0. And in the flight tuning the cruise lift scalar should be 1.0 and the elev trim effectiveness shoud be 1.0 not 0.5. That is for starters. The next items are fuel tank locations, engine locations, and the station load locations. Then you (should, if able) go into the air file and check flaps drag, center of lift on wing, etc. Shouldn't take more than a week of trial n error testing (hehe).

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).