End of runway turning circle.

ColR1948

Hi Col,

As you will know I have often made comments about how I keep most of my scenery outside of the default FSX Addon Scenery location - indeed, I store it outside of FSX...

There are two options you can use to get around this and use the modified AFCAD file....

Option 1 -

A. Create a new folder inside of the default FSX Addon Scenery folder - e.g. Addon Scenery\My Airport Files.

B. Create the two required subfolders (Scenery and Texture) within this new folder - eg Addon Scenery\My Airport Files\Scenery.

C. Activate this folder location in FSX as normal.

Method 2 -

As method 1 above but create the folder either as a new folder within the FSX root directory - e.g FSX\My Airport Files\….. - or outside of the FSX - e.g C:\My Airport Files\…..

The selected location outside of FSX can even be on a different harddrive from FSX if required.

Both methods will then allow you to keep the new folder above both the default Addon Scenery folder AND the ORBX folder.

Regards

Brian

Both methods will then allow you to keep the new folder above both the default Addon Scenery folder AND the ORBX folder.

Clearly you can use this way but I don't think it would help to'mix' your scenerychanges with the ORBX-scenery. Loading the ORBXscenery IMO you only can see this scenery and not a scenery above or

below. And loading the 'extern' airport you couldn't see the ORBX-scenery.

And if you see really a 'mix' you wouldn't be content with the result!

Edited by Flattermann

happy landings! Christian:pilot:

Intel i5-6600K CPU @ 3.50GHZ, 4 Kerne, 16 GB

MSI RX 480; M. SATA WD 500 GB;

WD RED PRO 2TB Win 10, 64 bit; FSX Gold Acc.

The main reason I started this was to stop ai aircraft backtracking to the end of the runway and use a designated taxi path instead.

I sometimes use EGCD Woodford instead of the more busy EGCC Manchester as it's not that far away, I more use it to test aircraft.

Thinking about there are other airfields not that far from EGCC that I could use instead but I decided to alter EGCD and this is how the thread changed it's course by me asking about ADE lol.

I know what you mean Brian, I have my ai flight plans in the AddonScenery like you shown me ages ago and they work fine instead of in the Scenery\World\Scenery folder.

Col.