Blurries

andyjohnston

The NVidia control panel shows my resolution as being the same as my desktop, although I have a second monitor which I haven't been able to get working with Win 8.1. A Google search shows it's a common issue...

I did the experience index as well.

I'll check for drivers. The one I have are pretty recent.

Spent way too much time using these sims...

FS 5.1, FS-98, FS-2000, FS-2002, FS-2004, FSX, Flight, FSW, P3Dv3, P3Dv4, MSFS

maybe one.

had a better look, and actually the plane looks ok. It's the scenery that looks blurred. Couldn't see that on my Phone.

Reminds me of the one time I tried some free photoreal scenery. That looked horribly blurry from lower down, and only started looking good at higher altitudes.

You are flying low in this image. Could it be you are usingg photoreal?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?286997-Blurries&p=1905320#post1905320

"Have you made sure your FSX screen resolution matches your Windows resolution. "

"The NVidia control panel shows my resolution as being the same as my desktop"

Please temporarily disable the secondary monitor and verify in *FSX* the resolution in the sim is set to your monitor's native resolution and 32 bit color.

Since you rebuilt the CFG, These are the terrain values I'm using. See if they work for you:

[TERRAIN]

LOD_RADIUS=4.500000

MESH_COMPLEXITY=100

MESH_RESOLUTION=22

TEXTURE_RESOLUTION=29

AUTOGEN_DENSITY=3

DETAIL_TEXTURE=1

WATER_EFFECTS=4

Another thing to try is pause the sim and see if the scenery resolves with time or doesn't change.

Be aware you have to edit the CFG with FS shut down or it will revert your changes.

Added:

What is the make and model of your graphics card?

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

In addition to the above, verify are you not using DX10 preview mode. Do not use that until it's been verified your sim is returned to normal operation.

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

I use SP1, so there is no DX10 mode, as far as I know.

I misread the previous post about resolution, but my desktop and NVidia settings, as well as FSX are all set the same. Textures are blurred whether high up or low down, and these are just the default ground textures.

The scenery doesn't seem to resolve when paused, although maybe if I left it for a really long time.

Spent way too much time using these sims...

FS 5.1, FS-98, FS-2000, FS-2002, FS-2004, FSX, Flight, FSW, P3Dv3, P3Dv4, MSFS

There is no reason not to advance to SP2. There are bug fixes in addition to Compatibility improvements. There is absolutely no compelling reason not to and some of the problems may just disappear in addition to better frame rates.

-Pv-

You have issues now, so you gained nothing. Not moving to SP2 is like hammering on the fender of a Pinto trying to turn it into a Jaguar.

-Pv-

Archived