connecting second joystick for rudder only

my main stick is a saitek x-52 but i'd like to add rudder pedals to do some aerobatic stuff. i can't afford real pedals as imported stuff is crazy expensive here in Thailand, so i was thinking of making my own pedals based on an old logitech 3d pro stick i have sitting around doing nothing.

is there any way to map the stick and throttle from my x-52 and the rudder from the logitech? i looked under settings / controller but it seems like its either one or the other, not bits of both.

thanks

actually, i just had an idea, if i open up my joystick and take the wires to the twist grip pot out of the box and onto my home made pedals, then i wouldn't need to do anything in software at all. hum, means messing with my joystick but i think doable.

my main stick is a saitek x-52 but i'd like to add rudder pedals to do some aerobatic stuff. i can't afford real pedals as imported stuff is crazy expensive here in Thailand, so i was thinking of making my own pedals based on an old logitech 3d pro stick i have sitting around doing nothing.

is there any way to map the stick and throttle from my x-52 and the rudder from the logitech? i looked under settings / controller but it seems like its either one or the other, not bits of both.

thanks

actually, i just had an idea, if i open up my joystick and take the wires to the twist grip pot out of the box and onto my home made pedals, then i wouldn't need to do anything in software at all. hum, means messing with my joystick but i think doable.

There was a "how to" article posted here several years ago...you might try a search and see what comes up.

Archived