Bring up multiple panels with a single Key press.

Merkerman

Hi All, I want to know if it is possible to bring up multiple pop up panels with a single key press?

eg. I press Shift+6 to bring up a panel , Then press Shift +7 , Shift + 8. I would like to bring up 3 panels or hide them with a single key press. Am I dreaming or is this possible?

Thanks!

Hi All, I want to know if it is possible to bring up multiple pop up panels with a single key press?

eg. I press Shift+6 to bring up a panel , Then press Shift +7 , Shift + 8. I would like to bring up 3 panels or hide them with a single key press. Am I dreaming or is this possible?

Thanks!

Pretty sure it's possible with FSUIPC, which allows compound button actions and keypress actions. It's not possible with just FSX, at least from the UI. It might be worth trying to edit standard.xml to see if it recognises multiple actions. Either way, you have to dig a bit. FSUIPC needs you to read the advanced user manual and edit the fsuipc4.ini file to get this functionality.

MarkH

C0TtlQd.jpg

I'm pretty sure the sim won't do it naturally however if you use some sort of macro software that will convert a single keypress into 3 sequential ones, it should work. I use a voice attack for several games and programs I'm pretty sure I could do it in moments - I already open panels by voice anyway.

I don't know enough about FSUIPC but there are probably other usable alternatives.

What you can't do as simply (but perhaps still physically) is combine the contents of 3 windows into a single window so they all pull up with a single keypress (and no macro to press additional keys). I can see this as a 'desperate hack' if you need more than 9 panels and couldn't program a panel to open with a 'hotspot' on the window. If I need a hotkey for a new panel, there's usually a couple I can live without...a compass or a weather radar or a pushback gauge.

Loyd

Hooked since FS4... now flying:

self-built i7-4790 at 4 GHz; GA-Z97X mobo; GTX 970; 16GB gskill;

quiet, fast and cool running.

Win 7/64: 840 EVO OS; 840 EVO (500G) game drive;

Win10/64: 850 EVO (500G) for OS and games

A few Flightsim videos on YouTube at CanyonCorners

Archived