It's still cold in Lapland: Ivalo (FSX)

peer01

Just tried out freeware Ivalo airport, in North East Finland (Lapland) near the Russian border. Took of with 2 different planes: DC-2 Finnish Airlines and a "SAS" Saab Scandia.

FSX Gold incl. Acceleration

Freeware Ivalo scenery by Tatu Kontomaa

Donationware MAAM DC-2

Freeware JBK Saab Scandia

Freeware Finland X Scenery incl. mesh, landclass and scenery

Freeware Lapland scenery

Freeware Drzewiecki grass / snow textures

Freeware HDE-V2 clouds

Here's the DC-2: Bit early, but it's almost spring already:

Please click on the pics to enlarge:

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

The second take off in the reply******

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wonderful pictures in a wonderful Country. I had some troubles with Ivalo scenery but an Update from Tatu (?) made the issues gone. Thank you I am in love with the old props.

happy landings! Christian:pilot:

Intel i5-6600K CPU @ 3.50GHZ, 4 Kerne, 16 GB

MSI RX 480; M. SATA WD 500 GB;

WD RED PRO 2TB Win 10, 64 bit; FSX Gold Acc.

Christian and Jim: THANKS!!!! :):)

Christian: I have some small issues also, the SODE department doesn't work so well I guess, in summer half of the runway is still covered with snow (and I Googled pics of the airport) and some signs etc. don't show up. But in winter it's all awesome!

Jim: I'm still a handsome young hero you hear! :mad:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I absolutely love the DC-2 and its one of the best models ever on FSX. I plan to visit Lelystad one day just to have a look at the Uiver DC-2 in their Aviodrome.

Asus P8Z77-V Premium Mobo w\32GB MSATA Caching SSD On-Board | i7-3770K CPU | 16GB DDR3 1600 | FSX Gold on 1TB boot SSD | P3Dv4 on 512MB SSD | 1TB+2TB WD HDDs | 2 Asus GTX660 2GB Ti Cu cards w\SLI | Win7 Pro 64 | REX Full Catalogue | ORBX FTX Full Catalogue | Saitek Flight Control Pro w\Dual Throttle Quadrants+Pedals | 24"+2x19" HP Monitors | 1000W PSU

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Colin and Khalid, thanks for your kind comments :):) This is also the FS-9 version..

Welcome Khalid, we have a guest room. And a surprise if you want to see a DC-2.

Well, thank you very much, that's so kind of you to offer. Wonder what the surprise is, though.

Best wishes.

Khalid

Asus P8Z77-V Premium Mobo w\32GB MSATA Caching SSD On-Board | i7-3770K CPU | 16GB DDR3 1600 | FSX Gold on 1TB boot SSD | P3Dv4 on 512MB SSD | 1TB+2TB WD HDDs | 2 Asus GTX660 2GB Ti Cu cards w\SLI | Win7 Pro 64 | REX Full Catalogue | ORBX FTX Full Catalogue | Saitek Flight Control Pro w\Dual Throttle Quadrants+Pedals | 24"+2x19" HP Monitors | 1000W PSU

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'd nearly missed that one! Fine pics

You're going to end into Russia once more in those areas. Nothing looks more like a snowy airport than a snowy airport! :):):)

Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

About the Saab Scandia: I Know I've seen them in the 60's, and I know I liked this little shiny airliner back then. Very similar to the DC-3, but with a nose wheel. Only 18 were built. There aren't many pics available on the net, here are a few:

Please click on the pics for a better view:

Saab Scandia snow.jpg

Saab scandia SAS.jpg

Saab Scandia interior.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nice pics!

As to the "Stewardess" in that last shot. I think she's still working, except now she's flying with American. I think she was on my last flight with them. And no the extra fifty years haven't worn well with her either!! Is she your youngest daughter? :p

Michael

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Archived