Terrain.dll crash to desktop

CRJ_simpilot

This is just an informative post should one encounter it and may solve their issue as it has solved mine. While coming into Cape Town, South Africa (FACT) on runway 19, at about 10 miles out I got the immediate CTD. Thankfully FSXSave saves my progress every 5 minutes. Albeit, you need to redo the GPS and a few other things. So I started off again like I always do with a CTD and the issue never occurs. Not so this time. One right after another after another constant CTDs about 10 miles from the airport. My solution on fixing the issue? Don't use very high settings for autogen and scenery. I adjusted my setup back to what I normally use and was then able to land at the damn airport. Look at the screen shots for my settings.

The following is an error I got:

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61472.0, time stamp: 0x475e17d3

Faulting module name: terrain.dll, version: 10.0.61472.0, time stamp: 0x475e180d

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0004d68d

Faulting process id: 0x14a4

Faulting application start time: 0x01d4b6dab89c74d1

Faulting application path: C:\FSX\fsx.exe

Faulting module path: C:\FSX\terrain.dll

Report Id: d4210d51-22ce-11e9-b566-005056c00008

TkmM0xp.jpg

DVIFYE0.jpg

OOM errors? Read this.

"The great thing about flight simulation is that in real life there are no do-overs." - Abraham Lincoln c. 1865

An awesome weather website with oodles of Info. and options.

Wile E. Coyote would be impressed.

Archived