Registering FSX box edition

butterflymann

Hi guys

I recently have installed the FSX boxed version, But the registration is not possible. It keeps telling me that: At this time a registration did go through. This means that after half an hour of flying the simulator shyuts down and it keeps letting me use the trial version and I can not come out of it. Any idea how to fix it please?

Have you tried your appropriate contact number as provided in the "phone activation.xml" file in your install directory; I've read many reports of that being successful. Also there is a sticky posted at the top of the page concerning another issue that is resolved differently. This game is successfully installed in all versions from XP to Windows 10 so keep at it. If you just can't stand the frustration any more, install the Steam version - That's much simpler.

Loyd

Hooked since FS4... now flying:

self-built i7-4790 at 4 GHz; GA-Z97X mobo; GTX 970; 16GB gskill;

quiet, fast and cool running.

Win 7/64: 840 EVO OS; 840 EVO (500G) game drive;

Win10/64: 850 EVO (500G) for OS and games

A few Flightsim videos on YouTube at CanyonCorners

Hi guys

I recently have installed the FSX boxed version, But the registration is not possible. It keeps telling me that: At this time a registration did go through. This means that after half an hour of flying the simulator shyuts down and it keeps letting me use the trial version and I can not come out of it. Any idea how to fix it please?

Hello Butterflymann... That sounds similar to an installation error that I recently encountered, also having to do with the installation process not having recognized the registration. This then leads to an "Activation Error" which, in turn, leads to a "trial installation".

I utilized the following fix, and it resolved the problem. After having completed the fix, FSX worked just fine as a normal, registered & activated installation. Note, though, that this fix requires correcting the Windows Registry as it pertains to FSX. Also note (*very* important) the letter case [capital, lower-case] of the correct entry- type it precisely as indicated. Once the Registry fix is completed, when you next start FSX, it will [once again] ask if you wish to register FSX. This time, once registration is again executed, FSX will successfully activate and the problem will be resolved.

Here's the solution:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_other-gaming/fsx-acceleration-error-code-1-80004005/57d5a44b-e672-49c0-867c-5d8675f981b2?msgId=bb110a92-cb11-418d-a0b9-ed3a35b95f77&page=3

Hope this helps, Russ

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]64 bit system; Intel i7-8700 (6-core, 12MB cache, 3.20GHz - 4.6GHz w/ TB); 16GB DDR4 at 2666MHz; nVidia GeForce GTX 1070 Ti w/ 8GB GDDR5; 512GB NVMe SSD & 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 6Gb/s HD; Win 10 Pro x64; FSX Gold, FS Genesis (orig. legacy) mesh...; LG 32UD59-B 32" UHD 4K; Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS stick

Archived