Various FSX Issues

tjs_1445

Do you have another GPU for testing?

Does the crackling, etc happen right away, or latter on?

What is the GPU temp using GPUz? https://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/

Is your FPS locked to 25/30?

If you go into the GPU control panel. Try to set maximum pre-rendered frames to 2.

Download Autoruns, go to File and save the ARN file. Zip it and upload it here. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/autoruns

The venetubo site is long dead, good, cause it didn't work anyway.

What downwind said earlier about SP2 is not correct. Installing SP2 (and SP1 of course) will actually make fsx run better and with lower load on the pc.

(it should however be installed on a clean fsx install, not on one with addons installed.)

the sound issue could be because of: sound driver/sound settings/damaged audio cable to speaker. And the sound issue is probably causing the low fps, not the other way around.

PS: Downwind, you may have a 3.2 ghz cpu as well. But is yours 16 year old? His is. He has an i5 650. But I thought your i5 has at least 4 digits in its name. (and is a lot more recent.)

The first i5 was released in 2010. Your information is wrong and misleading. This processor is approximately 8 years old and the motherboard is probably about the same age.

To the OP, You can not expect hardware to last forever. Heat and time takes it's toll on hardware. Putting money in to this old of a computer is like upgrading a model T and expecting it to do 100 miles per hour. Although this might be an easy fix I would have to ask,

1. Was it having sound problems before you put it in the shop? If not why are you not complaining to the repair shop that they created issues.

2. Does it have a separate sound card or are you using integrated sound?

3. You said you upgraded the power supply. What did you upgrade it to?

4. New Cooling system? Liquid cooled? I ask because this would have required them to remove the existing cooling solution and paste may not have been applied properly causing a heating issue.

5. Did you reinstall FSX after the upgrade or are you going on an install the was already on the machine before the upgrade?

My first step would be to reinstall FSX fresh (if you did not do this already). If X-Plane runs without the sound issues then this proves the issue is within this certain piece of software.

Good Luck and hope you get it sorted out. :)

Archived