AI Flights To Antarctica?

Honus

Hi,

Has anyone been able to get AI flights to land at McMurdo Station? I'm thinking this location is too far south for AI's to navigate. I can fly my user planes there and even that can be a bit tricky if visibility is less than perfect. Just wondering if I'm wasting my time scheduling any AI flights.

Thanks

Hi,

It should be possible to set up AI flights to McMurdo - Check out this THREAD

WRT to Jorgen's suggestion of MAIW - one pack that I know they do that has a traffic file for USAF C-130 flights to NZWD (Williams Field, McMurdo) is the Great Lakes ANG Part 2 package.

Note that most of the MAIW early stuff (including the stated package) is for FS2004 but, with a few exceptions, work OK in FSX. Just remember to convert the included flight plan for use in FSX. That said, they are currently doing a lot work in converting many aircraft models and flight plans for use in FSX and P3D.

The MAIW website can be found HEREhttps://militaryaiworks.com/ - you need to sigh up for a free account to be able to download stuff - and a handy guide on how to install FS2004 stuff into FSX can be found HERE

Regards

Brian

AI don't care about visibility or anything. The computer controls them and they will fly IMC all the time no matter the weather. Even through a hurricane if it's in their flight path.

Use AIFP to convert the FS2004 flight plan to FSX format. The FS2004 flight plan will work in FSX, but if you have a mix of FS2004 and FSX flight plans, only the FS2004 flight plans will show up.

Yes, I myself have AI in Antarctica.

Archived