I have a confession to make

CRJ_simpilot

The original Top Gun was good in it's day, but not sure whether Top Gun 2 will be as successful, alsp in this day & age what are the chances of modern military aircraft actually getting involved in a dog fight with long range air-to-air missiles & stealth!

Yeah, the aircraft we are developing now are stand off platforms. Like the F-22 or F-35. I mean, I've read the F-22 could shot down a dude who wouldn't even know that F-22 was there from at least 50 miles away and be back home watching Armed Forces TV.

LOL! Nowadays it's probably nerds with laptops guiding drones.

P.S. I'm 56 and haven't seen Top Gun either... or Grease... or Saturday Night Fever... or E.T....

Haven't seen any of those either and have no desire to. I have seen ET though and I watched the re-release at the theater with a directors cut that included deleted scenes not shown in the original. I just had to see ET in the theater. I was too young at the time to see the original when it came out. ET is a pretty decent film I guess. When my family and I lived in Californiastan, we went to Universal Studios and at the time (not sure now) they had an ET attraction. I loved the forest part for some reason. It was kinda like the Peter Pan ride at Disneyland.

Universal Studios at the time had a Backdraft movie attraction and that was cool. You're in a mock up Chicago chemical warehouse and all hell breaks lose. HAHA Backdraft is a damn good movie. I think it was directed by Ron Howard. Always wanted to be a firefighter and I was a firefighter explorer many years latter. Was pretty damn cool. I was in a 500 degree smoke house with my SCBA and all that. Even repelled down the 50 odd foot tower a couple of times. Other things happened and the idea of even being a volunteer firefighter was taken off the table. I would read several books on firefighting and all the scientific theory behind using and utilizing a single drop of water. I also read that it's damn hard to be a professional firefighter due to the testing, interview process and competition.

Archived