Juneau alaska

Was a pretty cool landing. I had to watch the TAWS so I didn't run into terrain and there was low cloud cover. Temperature at about 8:30 AM was 45° F with no wind.

PuGQZVS.jpg

https://imgur.com/PuGQZVS

gbPM0Yd.jpg

https://imgur.com/gbPM0Yd

OOM errors? Read this.

"The great thing about flight simulation is that in real life there are no do-overs." - Abraham Lincoln c. 1865

An awesome weather website with oodles of Info. and options.

Wile E. Coyote would be impressed.

Two great shots of the F-22!

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz Cpu, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB Videocard, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360 Water Cooler, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI Motherboard, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W Power Supply, G.SKILL 48Gb Ram @76000 MHz DDR5 Ram, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB Drive, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

Bold guy to venture in such cloudy, wintery mountains!:pilot:

The great thing about LittleNavMap is that I can see the hight of the terrain so I can set my top of decent accordingly. It was at 5,000 feet. As I neared the airport and watching LittleNavMap and my TAWS I descended carefully to 1,800 at about 5 miles from the runway. I should have done a video. Was pretty cool.

OOM errors? Read this.

"The great thing about flight simulation is that in real life there are no do-overs." - Abraham Lincoln c. 1865

I really miss my Reality XP SANDEL TAWS from FS2004 for stuff like this. It would warn me ahead of time in case of eminent crash into terrain. That was by far my most favorite gauge. I now have a poor mans cheap TAWS that was created by someone in their spare time. While it works alright, it has no warnings.

I bought that GTN 750 from Reality XP but I could not get it to work no matter what I did. Something about a path issue in the error log. Perhaps if I ever buy it and again I want to try installing it to the root of C drive this time. I don't think I did that.

OOM errors? Read this.

Some tactical maps (those maps used by the military) are sometimes sparsely released on the Internet. And I think most war planes now are equiped with some kind of tools like the one you use.

And, on the other hand, I also wonder whether the military don't use civilian approach maps in some cases

Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

I have no idea. I actually no nothing about how Air Force pilots fly, procedures, etc. I mainly use the F-22 to get around and a fast speed, and it's loaded with nice features I use. I really enjoy this particular aircraft because I can get in and out of a lot of runways. And I can fly at an unrealistic mach 2.35 at a constant pace which is around 1,500 MPH ground speed. Since I don't like spending more than an hour simming it works for me to get to places quick.

I used to fly the Lear 45 all the time, and I had it upgraded. It is very nice. But I can't go far without taking a long time since my ground speed is only about 500 MPH. I actually took the Lear 45 around the world once. I don't know how I did it. LOL

OOM errors? Read this.

Went way up North to Utqiagvik, Alaska and man was that a hairy landing. Visibility was down to about 3 miles, strong 14 knot winds with light snow. I should have did a video. That was one for the record books. I couldn't even imagine flying that for real. Talk about being white knuckled.

OOM errors? Read this.

No idea, never been there. But I have seen the area through Google Street View. I often look up the areas that I fly to and see what they look like in the real world. Google even has Mongolia of all places.

OOM errors? Read this.

Interesting.

You would think with a song title of Life In A Northern Town it be filmed in Iceland or even way up North in Norway. LOL

What I don't get is that classic songs like this don't get anywhere the same amount of views as the crap they have now. LOL I can only imagine that if YouTube came out in the 80's these songs would have a lot more views. Kids these days.... *shakes cane*

OOM errors? Read this.

Archived