Global_AI_Ships_traffic_V1zip

billfoushee

I AM AN OLD MEMBER OF FLIGHTSIM AND HAVE DOWNLOADED A LOT OF FILES TO FSX. bUT I NEED HELP IN TRYING TO OPEN THE ABOVE REFERENCED FILE. IT IS OVER 600 SHIPS OF ALL SHAPES AND PURPOSES AND I THINK WOULD BE GREAT INSTALLED. FLY INTO SAY MAIMI, OSLO, OR EVEN NEW ORLEANS AND SEE ALL OF THES DIFFERENT SHIPS. NOW THE TOUGH PART FOR ME AT AGE 84, NOT SURE HOW TO DO THIS. UP UNTIL NOW HAVE ALWAYS USED JOE STEARNS "ADDIT PRO". IT DOES ALL THE WORK, JUST A FEW CHANGES FROM TIME TO TIME. if ANY ONE HAS INSTALLED THIS ZIIP FILE AND WOULD BE KIND ENOUGH TO SHARE WHAT I NEED TO DO IN ORDER TO MAKE IT WORK, WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT. MY SITUATION IS ON PAGE ONE (1) AND IS THE STANDARD INSTALATION.

MANY THANKS,

BILL FOUSHEE

If you look inside the zip file (Windows can do this) you will see the following instructions in a "read me" file. If you need help in addition to these instructions, just let us know. Glad to see you share our hobby; I'm just 10 years behind you....

instructions

Standard installation if you have not installed any previous packages:

1. Unzip the file “Global AI Ship Traffic” to a temporary folder

2. Copy all files from the effects folder to the folder Microsoft Flight Simulator X/Effects/

3. Copy all folders from the Simobjects/boats/ folder to the folder Microsoft Flight Simulator X/Simobjects/boats/

4. Copy all files from the Scenery/World/Scenery/ folder to the folder Microsoft Flight Simulator X/Scenery/World/Scenery/

5. Copy all files from the sound folder to the folder Microsoft Flight Simulator X/sound/

6. Make sure that AI traffic for ships and ferries in FSX settings is set to more than 5 %.

To adjust traffic density follow these steps:

• Enter “Settings” from main menu

• Select “Customize”

• Select “Traffic”

• Increase “Ships and ferries” to above 5 % in “Land and sea traffic” box

-----------------------------------

you can see inside the zip file with Windows explorer; if you open another window showing FSX it will easy to copy or drag files from the zip window to the sim window.

Loyd

Hooked since FS4... now flying:

self-built i7-4790 at 4 GHz; GA-Z97X mobo; GTX 970; 16GB gskill;

quiet, fast and cool running.

Win 7/64: 840 EVO OS; 840 EVO (500G) game drive;

Win10/64: 850 EVO (500G) for OS and games

A few Flightsim videos on YouTube at CanyonCorners

Archived