Help

Here is another one for you.

Do this with FSX not running.

Open the Control Panel (right click on the little Start button) and open Folder Options.

On the View tab add a check to "Show hidden files, folders and drives".

Remove the check from "Hide extensions for known file types".

Now open File Explorer (used to be called Windows Explorer) and go to C:\Users\your name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX

There you will find a file named FSX.cfg.

Open it (not FSX.cfg.txt) with Notepad and find the [Graphics] section.

Add the following line to that section...

HighMemFix=1

Close the file, saving changes and test.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

So it happens randomly...

GSX at the moment is taking a big hit, only getting heads of people, vehicles missing tyres. etc etc.

FSX is quite slow when chosing plane - time - weather - flight planner etc.

FSX is fine in missions - and default aircraft are no problem. add on aircraft seem to struggle.

As far as I know my desktop only has the 1 graphics card.

im thinking about wiping the full desktop and reinstalling everything in order.

If GSX is giving your problems, you should be visiting their support site and reading the manual:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum

http://www.cityviewed.co.uk/images/uploads/directory/fsuip/GSX_manual_1.pdf

"2-D panel transparency: 10%"

Transparency increases CPU load because more visible scenery has to be rendered.

This will not increase your frame rate. Better to have no transparency.

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

should I really be having to turn things off and adjust things with such a powerful unit though.
Alienware X51. 4th Generation Intel Core I7 Processor. NVIDIA GeoForce GTX 760Ti 2G GDDR5. 16GB Dual Channel DDR3 at 1600MHz. 2TB (64MB cache) 7200 RPM SATA 6Gb/s. FSX+Acceleration, majestic dash 8, uk2000 scenery, orbx scenery, aerosoft a319/320.

should I really be having to turn things off and adjust things with such a powerful unit though.

Yep! My rig is 20-25% faster than yours, yet I still have to "turn things off" and "adjust things" too. Mostly "Ultra High" settings can bring many a rig to it's knees...

John, his settings are in posts 17 & 18...

Paul, Just FYI, many of us have forum settings for max post count/page. No "page 2"...Don

HAF 932 Adv, PC P&C 950w, ASUS R4E,i7-3820 5.0GHz(MCR320-XP 6 fans wet), GTX 970 FTW

16GB DDR3-2400, 128GB SAMSUNG 830(Win 7 Ult x64), 512GB SAMSUNG 840 Pro(FSX P3D FS9)

WD 1TB Black(FS98, CFS2&3, ROF, etc.), WD 2TB Black-(Storage/Backup)

Active Sky Next, Rex4 TD/Soft Clouds

.."should I really be having to turn things off and adjust things with such a powerful unit though..."

Yes. FSX is old and not designed for current computers and OSes. We are essentially making FSX Boxed versions work when it should not and is unsupported.

Consider yourself lucky you can even run it. Your options for speeding things up are limited and you just have to ACCEPT IT. Maybe in the next OS, it won't even run or crash 50% of the time.

"Paul, Just FYI, many of us have forum settings for max post count/page. No "page 2""

Noted.

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

Archived