OOM at EGLL

Adamk99

Hello!

I am having difficulty with Out Of Memory errors, but only at Heathrow.

No matter what I do I can never get off the ground without an OOM; sometimes just changing views in the cockpit is enough to tip the sim over the edge.

This problem is unique to Heathrow for me; all other large airports (e.g. LAX and JFK by FSDT, CDG, VHHH and MCO by T2G, MIA by LVFR etc) cope well with any aircraft, including the PMDG 747 with fairly high settings. With the settings turned down even lower, Heathrow OOMs where other sceneries perform very well.

I have tried turning down settings, turning off people and buses in central London in the ORBX England contoller, I have tried never leaving the flight deck (other large airports I can change view often without issue) and have even ran both the Aerosoft and UK2000 versions seperately (I uninstalled one before trying the other so that only one was in my library at a time) and had the same problems each time). I have even turned off other London sceneries while using LHR, as well as all photo sceneries.

LHR used to work fine for me which makes me suspect a double install causing problems but I am really unsure. Any help would be gratefully received. :)

-Adam

Hi guys,

Thanks for all the above suggestions. I'm currently away from home but I'll have a look when I get home.

In regards to more details, I run FSX:SE with a GTX 950 graphics card, an SSD I can't remember (it's middle of the road, nothing fancy but it copes with very large airports with ease, with the exception of LHR and, as a Brit, I'd like to be able to fly out of it :) ). Addon wise, I have the FSLABS A320 and PMDG 737, 747 and 777 installed alongside the defaults, copious addon airports (most are switched off) and ORBX base and N. America LC, ORBX England, Scotland and Australia. Some photoreal is also installed but remains switched off when not in use. I also run Active Sky Next and have extra weather textures by REX, but these run perfectly well in all scenarios bar at LHR.

Thanks, Adam

AS16 uses memory better and is in every way far superior to ASN including starting and shutting down instantly.

We still don't know your installed system RAM or OS. Your GTX 950 2G mem should be fine.

Try switching off your LHR add-on and see if the default runway does the same thing.

As mentioned, look carefully for duplicates in anything including AI routes.

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

My OS is Windows 7 (switched from 10 due to problems with installing certain addons) and I have 8GB of RAM installed.

Thanks for the advice r.e. AS16, I'll have to have a look into it.

I'll also try LHR default when I am home, I hadn't thought of that.

Thanks, Adam

In terms of memory and performance, the two FSX versions are identical. I swap back and forth between the two daily and sometimes several times a day and monitor memory usage under the same conditions and scenery. My frame rates and memory usage are identical. Himemfix is absolutely necessary but question whether it's the sole contributor to one airfield.

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

I use FSX:SE. I haven't done any tweaking before as up until recently I had no issues, but I'll definitely give it a go along side all the other pointers once I get home in a few days and I'll update on how it goes!

Thanks guys!

-Adam

Archived