FSX Accel activation issues

lefu

HI !

I have a fresh new windows 7 installation, family editionx64

reinstalled FSX (original deluxe version)

SP1 and acceleration

Thing is i cant activate and always get an error that the server could not be reached and it wont allow me to dial up either

So FSX starts on demo mode without multiplayer mode.

I've ran ccleaner,

uninstalled and reinstalled the whole thing

checked the UpperFilters key in registry,

checked if UIAutomationCore.dll is installed

checked compatibility and admin rights,

all win7 updates are done,

direct x9 is OK.

FSX was ok before i installed acceleration so i guess it has nothing to do with FSX...

Thanks for your help !

FSX ACCELERATION, ASUS P5QPL VM EPU-INTEL E8400-3GHZ-DDR2RAM4GO-WINDOWS7SP1 -GT220GEFORCE

if you never wonder about something, its because you know everything....:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I am assuming that you have activated DeLuxe and then rebooted, before installing Acceleration?

And, since SP1 is included in Acceleration, why bother with installing that?

Jorgen

Because its what i have done since accel was released and because its the usual info i get.

FSX >>>> SP1 >>>>> ACCEL.

FSX ACCELERATION, ASUS P5QPL VM EPU-INTEL E8400-3GHZ-DDR2RAM4GO-WINDOWS7SP1 -GT220GEFORCE

if you never wonder about something, its because you know everything....:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Set your time correctly in bios and then in Windows. Then try again.

Bios time is OK. No results...

Here's the sequence I have used when I have installed FSX, based on the information I gathered before installing the first time way back::

Install DeLuxe (the 2-disc set). At the end of the installation, you'll enter the free flight with the ultralight. Fly around for about 30 seconds or so, then end the flight. Reboot. Activate DeLuxe. Reboot again.

Now install Acceleration (1 disc), when entering free flight again fly around for 30 seconds, then end the flight. Reboot. Activate Acceleration. Reboot again, and you are done.

Jorgen

Gold (or DeLuxe + Accel) is a box set and that's all you need. No need for sp1 or 2 if you have Accel.

I bought FSX deluxe edition when it first came out, then i bought acceleration pack a bit later.

Here's the sequence I have used when I have installed FSX, based on the information I gathered before installing the first time way back::

Install DeLuxe (the 2-disc set). At the end of the installation, you'll enter the free flight with the ultralight. Fly around for about 30 seconds or so, then end the flight. Reboot. Activate DeLuxe. Reboot again.

Now install Acceleration (1 disc), when entering free flight again fly around for 30 seconds, then end the flight. Reboot. Activate Acceleration. Reboot again, and you are done.

Jorgen

I also believe it is done that way :)

But somehow, after shuting down my pc waiting for some windows update the message is gone and fsx is ok now :)

In fact, besides this activation issue my FSX hasnt run this better on game or newer addons.

Thanks !

problem solved.

I also believe it is done that way :)

But somehow, after shuting down my pc waiting for some windows update the message is gone and fsx is ok now :)

In fact, besides this activation issue my FSX hasnt run this better on game or newer addons.

Thanks !

problem solved.

I've never rebooted the PC during installation but everything else, yes, as written above. After flying for 30+ secs (always try a quick landing since is there for the taking) just reboot FSX and continue installation to the bitter end.

Cheers,

Archived