re: Dialog box for Beechcraft King Air C90 by Dee Waldron

liner simpilot

I haven't flown this plane Beech C90 in awhile as I mostly fly tube liners. Today I decided to fly it, there is a dialog box that shows up it says "Sound-File unqueltg". Where is this file stored? I have looked everywhere I can think up, I even downloaded another sound in hopes of starting fresh, it is still there. Also it locks up until I click ok. I hope someone out there can please help me. Thanks I look forward to hearing from you simmers. Kenny

Kenny, that translates to "Sound-File Invalid"

From the Readme- "Copy the RA_Beep.wav sound file into the Main FS2004 Sound folder."

Did you do that? Make sure that file is there.

The sound on this plane is aliased to the default Kingair, do you still have that plane installed? Did you by chance change the folder name?

Do you have GaugeSound.dll in the root FS9 folder?

Do you have FSSound.dll in the FS9\Modules folder?

Do you have...

[OLDMODULES]

FSSound.dll = 1

...in your FS9.cfg?

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Thanks Mr. Bean, you are so helpful when coming to fixing things. I looked for all the ideas you wrote down. I hoped had the original zip file saved to disk so I can delete old then start over, I checked what a shame as I don't. I went to FS2004 search for the plane re-download it and start over. No such thing, I like this plane but haven't flown for awhile so was not aware of this issue. Does it have to be those items or can I use others? Kenny

The first two are specific to that plane, the last three are common sound issues.

As for obtaining the original- http://htai-models.com/

Lots of stuff here including Dee's files, DWAI Models

I am almost positive this is a gauge issue, you could use process of elimination to pinpoint the offending gauge.

Or alias to the default Kingair panel as a possibility.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Archived