Toggle with NOT Operator

Wonder

Hello Everyone,

Below is the basic code for toggling a variable in xml from the P3D SDK. My question is what does the ">" in the (>L:Local) variable indicate.

(L:Local) ! (>L:Local)

My belief is that it is utilized to indicate a opposite state of the original variable. Would that be a correct assumption?

Thanks,

John

...what does the ">" in the (>L:Local) variable indicate.

(L:Local) ! (>L:Local)

My belief is that it is utilized to indicate a opposite state of the original variable. Would that be a correct assumption?

No, the "!" indicates the inverse state. Logical "not".

The ">" placed in front of a variable puts the data that's in the register into that variable.

(L:Local) ! (>L:Local),

When initiated, the Data is taken from L:Local, is inverted, then inserted back into L:Local creating a toggle...Don

HAF 932 Adv, PC P&C 950w, ASUS R4E,i7-3820 5.0GHz(MCR320-XP 6 fans wet), GTX 970 FTW

16GB DDR3-2400, 128GB SAMSUNG 830(Win 7 Ult x64), 512GB SAMSUNG 840 Pro(FSX P3D FS9)

WD 1TB Black(FS98, CFS2&3, ROF, etc.), WD 2TB Black-(Storage/Backup)

Active Sky Next, Rex4 TD/Soft Clouds

No, the "!" indicates the inverse state. Logical "not".

The ">" placed in front of a variable puts the data that's in the register into that variable.

(L:Local) ! (>L:Local),

When initiated, the Data is taken from L:Local, is inverted, then inserted back into L:Local creating a toggle...Don

I like that explanation Don, its in more simple language than normally found in mathematicians explanation of xml stacking & Polish notation, that I cannot get my head around. Most of my xml programming is intuitive & empirical.....get there in the end most times!

Keith

My highly unofficial name for the > symbol in this context is the "goesinta operator". :D

Bill Leaming http://smileys.sur-la-toile.com/repository/Combat/0054.gif

Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling Military Visualizations

Flightsim.com Panels & Gauges Forum Moderator

Flightsim Rig: Intel Core i7-2600K - 8GB DDR3 1333 - EVGA GTX770 4GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium

Development Rig1: Intel Core i7-3770k - 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD7770 SLI 1GB - Win7 64bit Professional

Development Rig2: Intel Core i7-860 - 8GB DDR3 Corsair - GeForce GTS240 1GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium

NOTE: Unless explicitly stated in the post, everything written by my hand is MY opinion. I do NOT speak for any company, real or imagined...

Archived