FSXp51dver2 Throttle problem

PhantomTweak

Hi all! I could sure use some help on this one...

I just DL'd and installed the the FSXp51dver2 P-51D by Warwick Carter for FSX, as a possibility for participation in the RTW race. I got the FS9 version long long ago. They both seem to have the same problem. I set the throttle, for climb, let's say, IAW the included checklist, Throttle setting for correct MP, Prop RPM at proper setting, mixture on Autorich as required. At random intervals the throttle will drop suddenly to idle. THERE is my problem! How in the world do I stop it? Any ideas as to a possible cause? I do have p51dver2_cu2 installed also, as recommended by Mr. Carter, but the plane was doing the same before I installed the Config Update, so that's not it. I've looked through the .air and aircraf.cfg files, but can't see anything that might be doing it.

Am I doing something wrong? It seems to be a very popular aircraft, and I can see why...when I can keep the throttle up long enough to see some flight characteristics, anyway. Thank you all well in advance for any help you may provide. Even the smallest thing might be my problem...including my own errors. Feel free to point out a stupidity I may have pulled...

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

The typical reason the throttle will change from where it is set by the user in any plane is if there is more than one throttle or you have a controller or FSX key mapping conflict and some button press you make during the flight initiates a throttle idle command or some other throttle position.

If the plane has an autothrottle, the problem is when the AT disengages and the controller throttle is idle, the panel throttle will snap to the controller position.

My assumption is you are fling the plane 100% manual, so baring a basic defect coded into the plane or gauges, you are likely suffering from a mapping conflict. Testing other planes may help discover this.

I suggest flying some other planes which are similar in concept like the Red Bull and try flying it the same way to see if you can make that happen.

Always when reporting a problem with a particular add-on, please provide the same link to download/purchase as you used so others can try it.

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?do=copyright&fid=107805

Is the link to the bird, and

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?do=copyright&fid=153677

Is the CU_2 update, that supercedes the CU_1 update.

I have flown a number of other planes, such as the GMAX P-51 'Reno' Mustang. Original design by Roger L. Dial, and the GMAX mdl by A.F.Scrub. No problems, no throttle issues. Or any other aircraft, for that matter.

Yes, I am 100% hand flying, and using the keyboard (F1-F4 buttons) for throttle control. Of all my aircraft, native or add-on (I only utilize freeware, since I have to decide, airplane or medicines...which is more important), this is the only one that gives me problems with the throttle, or any other controller movement.

The only other control for throttle I have is the slider on my joystick. I will try turning that off and see what happens, but this is the only plane I have problems with, so I'm not certain this is the problem. I make certain it's properly cal'ed before firing up FSX, always. I am using FSX-SE. I just don't use it, as I hate reaching my left hand across the keyboard to do so. My joystick is on the right side of my keyboard, all placed on a 1"X10"X3ft board. On my lap. It works perfectly for me, don't judge :)

I don't know id any of this info is relevant or not, but hey, devil's in the details, after all. Thanks for the answer so far PV, I appreciate it!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Archived