YHBA - Hervey Bay Airport Queensland Australia

YHBA - Hervey Bay Airport

Queensland Australia

By Paul Mort

Welcome to Hervey Bay Airport in the heart of Queensland Australia. After the long UK winter weather, I decided to go somewhere sunny & they don't come much sunnier than this. Re opened in mid 2005 after a $11.5 million refurbishment which included a new terminal & runway lengthening, the airport now accommodates jet services from Virgin Australia.

In my quest to make more credible airport scenery, I have for the first time, Included animated ground traffic with the help of Marginal's Superb Ground Traffic Plug in. There are six animations which include The Bulldozer on the building site, Two Baggage Trucks at staggered intervals servicing the Qantas Aircraft on the main apron, A Jeep between the animated radar dish & hangar, A Fuel Tanker running between the two fuel sites, An Old For Pickup delivering spare parts from the stores to a hangar & finally (my favourite), two Mowing Tractors keeping the lawns tidy. Everything needed to make all this happen comes included in the scenery package. There are delays on the animations so please don't tell me they don't work. This is done to make them more realistic so wait around & it will happen.

Other items include The Tempting Trough Restaurant Bar & The Satay House Restaurant near the main apron. Custom airport signs, animated Australian style windmills & animated crane on the building site run by Paddy O'Phunk. If you have a look from runway 29, there are two ships, The smaller one has a hard deck which you can land a small helicopter on plus there's a beach party going on down there.

Please download, comment, but most of all have fun in the sun:cool:.

You can download Paul's rendition of Hervey Bay here:

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?do=search&fsec=0&fname=yhba_-_hervey_bay_queensland_australia_v1_0.zip

1.jpeg

2.jpeg

3.jpeg

4.jpeg

5.jpeg

6.jpeg

7.jpeg

8.jpeg

9.jpeg

Archived