Having the inner & outer dial on Saitek panel change altitudes by different values

srdear

The Saitek multi panel works very well in my FXS setup with SPAD and FSUIPC. What I'd like to be able to do is to have the inner dial increment the Altitude by say +500 feet when turned to right and -400 feet to the left, then have the outer dial increment by the standard 100 feet. It appears that SPAD.NEXT has that programing ability, but SPAD.NEXT only works with 64bit systems, and I'm stuck in old school 32bit world. So, anyone got any ideas on how to make that work using SPAD and/or FSUIPC or maybe Lua?

Thanks,

Steve

What I'd like to be able to do is to have the inner dial increment the Altitude by say +500 feet when turned to right and -400 feet to the left, then have the outer dial increment by the standard 100 feet

As far as I know the Saitek Multi Panel doesn't have an inner and outer dial, it's a single encoder with a fake knob to make it look like a dual concentric.

But programming-wise, you can easily do stuff like this with LINDA or with raw Lua scripts. I do it using my own panels using a single encoder with a centre-push switch. Push and turn for large increments, turn for small increments.

MarkH

C0TtlQd.jpg

Hi Steve,

What aircraft are you using? If it's a standatd fsx model then it should be doable through fsuipc. For non standard fsx aircraft you will need some lua code.

If you take a look at the Avsim/LINDA forum there is a download section where you can download a few modules that you can have a look at with Notepad. From there you can work out the part of the Lua code pertaining to the alt rotary setting.

Cheers

Stinger

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Hey Stinger, I mostly fly Carenado's Seneca II, the default 172, Bombardier and the Beech. I'm working my way through the FSUIPC manual, and then Linda/Lua. Thanks for the info.

Steve

Archived