3 point landing

bonnie

wheel landings are a lot easier to try and make. I know from flying the A2A simulation piper cub. to make a 3 point landing you should mark where your nose is on the horizon then try to get on the spot when trying to land. it takes time and practice. but I have gotten 3 pointer in the cub and the b-17.
giving up on flight simulation for good:D

thanks for the reply .

the aircraft will not fly nose up below 85 knots , the nose wont come up at all,

trimmed fully back or not nor at any flap setting with or without throttle.

the tail does not start dropping down until 55knots whatever flight setting . so, I presume it must be an issue with the aircraft air or config files .

cheers.

bonnie

hi .

70+knots , flaps down. both the original and updated air file act the same. as it was once a payware aircraft its suprising its so bad . still, the new airfile works for me.

just a thought, its for fs9+ 10 so maybe it works in 10 better.

regards.

bonnie

Which Mustang's .air and .cfg files did you end up using?

BTW... in actual practice, wheel landings in a P-51 were the norm, since in 3 point configuration it was very hard to see over the nose. 3 point landings were usually made in favorable Wind and Visibility conditions.

Glad you were able to get everything sorted out!

Alan 201011231641DEU.gif

"I created the Little Black Book to keep myself from getting killed..." -- Captain Elrey Borge Jeppesen

AMD 1.9GB/8GB RAM/AMD VISION 1GB GPU/500 GB HDD/WIN 7 PRO 64/FS9 CFS CFS2

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG

the airfile came from warrick carter.I altered the alpha cfg file to suit my type of flying, which is mostly from tower view in air display mode flying warbirds,only in fs9 as the tower views in fs10 are no good for me

The next project is to get the iris p40 freeware to stop climbing at any thing more than 120 knots as it is untrimable above this speed, at least on my setup.

regards

bonnie

not only does it provide better visibility over the nose it's also easier on the tail wheel. cause if like me the first time I flew the fsx cub I had a tail first landing and that's never good. that is why all tail dragger videos I have seen they do wheel landings.
giving up on flight simulation for good:D

hi , It wasn't about whether a 3 pointer is best or not, it was that a nose down wheeler was the only choice in the aircraft. But, hey, a landing is only a means to get into something else to fly.

best wishes .

bonnie

But, hey, a landing is only a means to get into something else to fly.

bonnie

That all depends on whether or not you care to use the bird again. There is always the famous "parachute landing". Point the bird at an empty space, open the canopy, do a quick aileron roll to inverted, give the stick a good shove (forward! you are inverted), and just pop the quick-release on the harness. Oh yeah, you might want to make sure do wear your parachute on the flight. Otherwise you might land a triffle hard using this method...

Always remember the old adage: Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.

OR: Gravity will prevail :D

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Well....yeah....BUT:

She (I am making a possibly inaccurate guess here as to gender. If wrong, I do sincerely apologize) did mention something about getting into another bird. I was merely offering an...alternate methodology :D

OR: Two feet and a hand?? 3 point landing, no?

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Well....yeah....BUT:

She (I am making a possibly inaccurate guess here as to gender. If wrong, I do sincerely apologize) did mention something about getting into another bird. I was merely offering an...alternate methodology :D

OR: Two feet and a hand?? 3 point landing, no?

Pat☺

Oh, OK. I assumed the chute didn't open. My bad.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived