AI Flight plans in the AddonScenery/Scenery folder

ColR1948

I have often wondered how do some ai Traffic files go in the AddonScenery/Scenery folder and they are read by the sim and they work.

I tried putting a traffic file in there and it wasn't read, I moved it to the normal Scenery/World/Scenery and it worked, which as you all know that is the normal place to put them.

So what is the trick to these other traffic files in the AddonScenery/Scenery folder?

Col.

Ah, you've just discovered a neat trick! I keep all my WOAI and my typical modern traffic files in Scenery folde r, but I keep all my military RAF traffic bgls in three AddOn Scenery folders, RAF 2000, RAF WW2 and RAF 1982. When I'm flying civillian planes they are all unticked. But I can tick one of them depending on the plane I am flying and the period I want to fly in. Its very cool and it works!

- Paul Elliott

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Come and follow my recreation of this historic light here: HERE

I just tried it. I created a folder then put the sub folders in, activated it then I placed a traffic file in there as a test.

Yes! it worked, I fancy the idea like above of splitting the traffic files up and having their own folders, Civil, Mil that kind of thing.

Col.

AI traffic is "scenery" and will work in any valid and activated scenery folder; I keep mine in several differently named folders also: Civilian, military, WOAI, Ultimate Traffic and the inevitable "test" folder.

...which also suggests a safe, effective, and non-destructive way to stop default traffic from showing: put it in its own folder and deactivate it - you can have it back almost instantly if you change your mind.

Loyd

Hooked since FS4... now flying:

self-built i7-4790 at 4 GHz; GA-Z97X mobo; GTX 970; 16GB gskill;

quiet, fast and cool running.

Win 7/64: 840 EVO OS; 840 EVO (500G) game drive;

Win10/64: 850 EVO (500G) for OS and games

A few Flightsim videos on YouTube at CanyonCorners

Hi Col,

A gentle jab in the ribs........:)

If you read the last PM I sent you in reply to your PM regarding using a scenery location outside of the sim you would have noted that I use a similar system to that described by Loyd in post #6....

Happy flyin'.....:cool:

Regards

Brian

Archived