JP_KI21-I_SALLY.zip problem

unclegreg

Greetings,

DL'd this from SOH. Renamed the mdl to use the FS9 model in FSX Deluxe. The plane shows up in my sim but spins wildly on the x axis...even on the ground. If it's chosen it crashes instantly. If I take off in another aircraft and change to the Ki-21 it just spins and spins in the air. This aircraft is originally from CFS, ported to FS2002/2004. Is this an issue with the aircraft.cfg or is this an air file issue? There is another packages of this at Simviation (Payakan_Ki21_Package.zip) Any help is appreciated.

unclegreg

The problem is you.

You installing all your fs9 crap in fsx.

You viewing fsx as a new 'platform' to use instead of fs9 to run all that fs9 crap on.

You renaming .Mdl files. Always a bad idea.

You installing a .Mdl file as if it was an fsx-native model.

You thereby combining a fs9 model and a fsx-native vc.

And or you installing a plane that was not at least fsx or fs9 natively createted. Cfs? Fs2002? That may work in fs9. Not in fsx.

Start fresh when getting fsx and leave fs9 behind you. Forget what you had before. Go fly.

Don't keep looking for and causing problems.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wow, il, having a bad day? Being a little judgemental, are we?

Greg, the [FUEL] section of the aircraft.cfg is a mess.

Try this...

Center1=  0.0,0.0,0.0,183,0.0
LeftMain= 0.0,0.0,0.0,183,0.0
RightMain=0.0,0.0,0.0,183,0.0

I do not have any idea how "correct" those values are, they will at least stop the bucking bronco and give you more that 5 gallons of fuel to use.

They will not, however, help the panel in any way. ;-)

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

I agree. You cannot expect FS9 stuff to work in FSX, just as you cannot expect FSX stuff to work in P3D v. 4.

It may work, or it may not work. I have a nice example, however, of something that does work.

When I fly out of KRTN in P3D v. 4.2, I meet a B-17G coming in to land. That one comes from ACG, and is a FS9 AI aircraft!

Jorgen

Half of the problem is getting the sim to accept the model. If you got it to show and load in FSX Accel then there is hope. The aircraft cfg must have sections missing and air file won't write so you have to add them yourself or you have a messed up plane. I would love to get what you have and take a look. I would first try in FS9. Then try in FSX Accel. I am fairly nifty at port over work. I will PM you my email. You zip what you got and send it to me via email. Will work on it tomorrow Thursday (it's late). How's that? I am VERY curious about what you have.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Got the 'Sally' to load in FS9. Took off at 125 kts (moi's are too loose-all over runway). Got it to 200 kts (using Baron values in cfg - can fix). Landed it at 108 kts. Bounced twice (hehe). All over runway. Phew! At least it has merits and worth working on. The props are ok. Used Ford TriMotor panel and sound for now. Used 140 gal (Left/Right) but will use Bean's fuel section. Later.

Chuck B

Napamule

Edit: Oh. The cnt pts were wrong for compression ratio (25.00) and should be (2.50). That is one reason it went wild on loading. Cnt Pts are still not 'just' right - can fix.

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Well I got it into FSX. Had to use the '*-FS9' model file for it to load. Loose, slow, etc. Needs work. The props were NOT ok, so needs edit of prop bmp or substitute bmp. The glass is ok. Wanted to stall at 120 kts on approach - can be worked out. Bounced on landing - can be worked out. That was fun. Cheers.

Chuck B

Napamule

Edit: Just got notified of PM but it won't be there until the morning (8 am EST). Calling it a day. Can work on it tomorrow.

Archived