New PC

First thing i would do is to get rid of win 8 and get hold of win 7 the 64 bit version. Win 8 sux and do not run well with fsx, but in time you will get it working with many hours swearing and so on, so win 7 is the best option here, but again this is your machine, not mine.. :)

http://www.speedtest.net/result/4450194567.png

Asus Z170-A-1151 - intel i7-6700K@4GHz - Asus ROG NVidia GTX 1050 TI Strix 4GB - 32GB HyperX DDR4@2400 MHz - Corsair CM750-750W - Corsair H80i v2 Watercooling

FSX is all about CPU clock speed. What is the CPU speed of your machine?

Nice to have 32G but FSX and everything else you want to run will do so on 8G sysram with well over 1/2 free.

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

3.5 is a medium-high computer for FSX. Most of the your sliders with very careful judgment and known working tweaks will be medium to medium high with one or two on max.

You have to get well over 4GHz to set most of the sliders (options) near or at max. No one can set them ALL at max all the time without suffering stutters or low frames in high density scenery, weather and add-ons. FSX:MS is a very old sim now and was not coded to take advantage of how computers can push the workload off onto graphics cards now days.

Note:

To save money toward high clock speed, don't waste it on 6 and 8 cores. 4 will run all your aps and FSX and save you a lot of money. You can save a hundred or two on memory also. Put that money on CPU speed. Every Hz you can afford... and a nice joystick.

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

Don't get to worrying about the Win 8 until you try it on also. I have Win 8.1 and haven't had so much as a blink or stutter with FSX. Some people seem to have issues while others get lucky and don't have one. The biggest thing to concern yourself with is what pvarn say above. The faster the cpu, the better you'll run FSX.

There's absolutely NOTHING wrong with running FSX under Windows 8 or 8.1.

Just install OUTSIDE the default C:\Program Files (x86) - for instance to C:\FSX or to a different hard drive, if you have one - this will save you tons of trouble with access rights. Then, as the previous poster points out, get the uiautomationcore.dll fix.

Jorgen

Always we find among the chaff, some corn,

This is the quote that does it for me:

MS is a very old sim now and was not coded to take advantage of how computers can push the workload off onto graphics cards now days.

Now, here therefore is some more 'chaff' to chew upon! Windows 7 or 8? Yep, more chaff, for they both obviously do something for some, and something else for others.

This subject continues to raise so many multiple answers, based upon the same question being repeated over and over again.

If the term 'trial and error' had been coined for anything specifically, then FSX and performance could have been designed to fit this descriptor perfectly.

1. CPU? Important but not the absolute critical point

2. Memory? Up to 4gb, very relevant. Lots of advice available on this one if you look around on the net.

3. Good Graphics Card - even so, still, 'old man FSX' dependent

4. . FSX.cfg? Massage it, tweak it, muscle it and take it out to Dinner................

5. NVIDIA Inspector? Use it if you have it and NVIDIA, (learn about it fully first)

6. FPS/Sliders/Scenery/Autogen, AI density, etcetera? Trial and error, (I've heard this one before somewhere?)

7. Bojote/Kostasfsworld? Has some good tips.....trial and error, dependent upon the machine and the users ability to work it out

8. System Setup? It is never a 'one size fits all' with FSX. For 'all' can be so very different. Possibly trial and..........

9. Full FSX backup/clone? I would never be without one. Saved me days of re-installing after a foul up.

Frooglesim? Always worth a punt....................http://youtu.be/ovSnyxlus3s

Archived