CTD over FQMA

Jet Blue

I recently reinstalled FS9 and have noticed that I am having problems when flying over or starting a flight at FQMA.The strange thing is that this does not occur at night but only during daylight hours. (Dawn - Dusk)

I tried to overfly FQMA at 32000ft and it CTD. I tried to start a flight during the day at FQMA and again I get CTD.

The message I get is Flight Simulator has stopped working and will try to find a solution.

I am using Windows 8.1 PRO and my computer specifications are as follows. (I am not sure if this is relevant in this case but I will include them anyway)

Intel ® Core ™ i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70Hz

Installed memory 32GB

64 bit operating system x64 based processor

GeForce GTX 980

Does anyone have an idea of what the problem could be?

In the previous installation I updated the afcad file with AFX. I also did a bit of work on the scenery with Instant Scenery. When I reinstalled I merely copied the scenery file across to Add On Scenery, scenery file where the other afcad files were from my AFX updates. I used AFX to make some changes to the FQBR afcad file and I am not having any problems there.

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you JSMR and jgf for responding to my query. Finally I have found the offending culprit. When I reinstalled I took some short cuts with my downloaded sceneries. I copy and pasted the sceneries that I had in my previous installation and somehow had way to many texture files in the world / texture file. Fortunately I keep a clean copy of FS9 on an external hard drive and all I did was deleted the old texture files world / texture and installed the new ones from the clean copy.

Ad there you have it. A hard lesson learnt as I have always been told a reinstall is just that, a complete reinstall. No copy and paste.

Archived