For Tweakers!

Hi!

For those who know how to add camera views into the aircraft.cfg file for a given aircraft, here's what a marshaller's view renders! :cool: With the ALT, CTRL, ENTER, BACKSPACe keys and the joystick further, one can move from that initial view

marsha.jpg

on the other hand, that view is taken under rain :):) so don't hang around that much

Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

Hi!

Thanks for the comment!

What i describe now is for FSX only (I personally never flew FS9 as I passed directly from FS2002 to FSX)

Modifying, creating those 'camera views' in FSX is of interest to personalized the view of your plane and the VC, especially for us photographers in the FS. You will mostly need what's called a guid generator (easy to find like a freeware; check below)

The 'camera' views for a given plane are ruled by the [CameraDefinition.x] etc. and the [CameraDefinition.xxx] etc. sections found usually after the [General] section. Those cameras views may also be found by the end of the aircraft.cfg

The .x] ones are mostly those views from a airplane from the outside and the passengers views, as the .xxx] are those related to the virtual cockpit (FO view, varied panels views, etc)

So just copy-paste one [CameraDefinition.x] from, say, the default Boeing 737-800, re-number it accordingly, and tune it in terms of positions to get that marshaller view by changing the XXXXXXXX items below like explained (any more details and explanations at the SDK help)

[CameraDefinition.x]

Title=Right Window XXXXXXXXXXXXX windows title (which thus will turn something like Marshaller View)

Guid={54F54B8A-3EC2-2D4E-8D10-B8F9D0F16ACC} XXXXXXXXXXXXX that guid number is a unique one, and you will have to get a freeware FSX guid generating tool. Mine is named GUIDGen and that should be easy to find

Description=View of the right wing from the passengers cabin XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX more detailed description of the window

Origin=Center

SnapPbhAdjust=Swivel

SnapPbhReturn=FALSE

PanPbhAdjust=Swivel

PanPbhReturn=FALSE

Track=None

ShowAxis=FALSE

AllowZoom=TRUE

InitialZoom=0.8 XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX more or less zoom in the initial position

ShowWeather=Yes

InitialXyz=3.2, 1.8, -5 XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX there you tune lateral, vertical, longitudinal the marshaller position; for my 737-200 numbers are 0, 0.72, 22.0 for example

InitialPbh=5, 0, 100 XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX there initial pitch, bank, heading, which may be let at like 0, 0, 180

XyzAdjust=TRUE

Category=Aircraft

MomentumEffect=TRUE

ClipMode=Minimum

xyzRate=1.0 XXXXXXXXXXXXX a line you can add related to desired speed of the camera in meters per second

Here you should be

Regards

Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

Hi!

Don't they have some freewares (or maybe paywares) for FS9 which allow to tune or move points of view around a plane? You should check with a Internet search like 'camera views, FS9,' etc.

Here in France, boxed FSX suddenly turned unavailable and reaching high prices. Should you find one in the US, always worth the buy. If not for flying, for maybe getting profit :):)

Archived