Lost add-on scenery file and aircraft underground

pablo30

I got a new computer. (I had windows 7, on the old one) Windows 10(new) installed. When I installed FSX-SE every thing seemed ok. But when I tried to install an add-on location, I couldnt find "add-on scenery" in the folder it wasn't there. Any ideas?

I also have an problem with some of my airports (KPSP) the aircraft are underground. I do have a lot of ORBX addons.

I have tried the "verify integrity of game" in Steam, still no ADD-ON SCENERY IN FILE.

Any ideas? Please help i'm 75 tomorrow, and miss using FSX-SE

Thanks, Paul:pilot:

Zoostorm Gaming Desktop PC, Core i7-950 3.06GHz, 6GB RAM, 1TB HDD, DVDRW, GF GTX460, Windows 7 Home Premium

Hi Paul,

Also Happy birthday for tomorrow......

Something to consider regarding installing addons.....you don't need to install most addons within FSX. In my experience there are only a few payware items that have to be installed directly within FSX.

As long as you

A. Use a valid folder structure (i.e. place .bgl in a scenery sub-folder and .dds and/or .bmp files into a textures sub-folder) you can place it anywhere within reason, even on a different fixed hard drive or partition. You could also use an external source such as a external hard drive or large capacity USB Flash drive but you may encounter some minor lag, especially when loading complex scenery.

B. The location is activated within FSX.

With regards to the KPSP/aircraft problem - the possible causes of this depends on whether it happens to all aircraft models or a single aircraft model, if the scenery has been designed to work with the default FSX terrain or with a specific ground/terrain mess product (like ORBX) etc.

If all models - this is likely due an altitude error with the airport scenery. This can occur when using terrain products like ORBX, which have a tendency to adjust/correct the elevation in the areas that it covers. It can also occur if the author of the scenery has created the scenery for a specific addon (other than ORBX in your case).

A quick way to test for this is to untick the entry in the FSX scenery settings page, rebuild the database, load a flight at KPSP (which should now be the FSX default airport) and see if the problem persists.

If a single model - the problem should exist at all airports and the issue will most likely be down to the entries in the contact points section of the aircraft.cfg file.

Regards

Brian

nothing there.

Further to my last post and in response to this.....

If there is no Addon Scenery folder within the main FSX folder you can:

A. Check the FSX Scenery setings page to see if there is and entry for Addon Scenery - if so then it must be there somewhere for it to be in the list....

B. If no entry you can add the folders yourself and then activate is as normal.

Create a folder called Addon Scenery within the root folder of FSX then create two sub-folders within the folder - one called Scenery and the other called Texture.

Regards

Brian

Thanks all. Its put on hold as my new computer GTX 1050Ti isn't working, so l will be away from FSX-SE for a little while.

I will advise when l get it back.

Thanks

Paul

Zoostorm Gaming Desktop PC, Core i7-950 3.06GHz, 6GB RAM, 1TB HDD, DVDRW, GF GTX460, Windows 7 Home Premium

Archived