Problem converting voice files in Editvoicepack X

ChristoffNY

Hi all,

Trying to update the voicepack of my FSX after installing a MAIW package, however EVP is just saying 'imported from another version on flight simulator' to the voice files and I am unable to continue the process and add them.

I haven't used EVP for FSX before but assume it follows a similar procedure to EVP 3 that I used for FS9 way back when?

Does anyone have a fix?

best,

ChristoffNY

The problem is that most of MAIW's packages are for FS2004 only and thus they created the voice files with Editvoicepack for FS2004. So those voice files can't be imported into EditvoicepackX.

The only way to do it is by hand. Which would be a huge endeavor. You would have to look at each aircraft.cfg and create a voice for that model and callsign if it already doesn't exist. Another thing is that MAIW's flight plans are also for FS2004. Which means you need to convert the BGL to FSX. I have done this myself, but I have to look at my desktop on the program I used now. Also, MAIW have created invisible airports like Dare Country Range, etc and those also need to be encoded into EditvoicepackX. Problem is, I don't know where all those names are at.

I use the MAIW packages in FSX, forgo the Editvoicepack voices and just converted the flight plans to FSX. So I do have military A/C in Hawaii, Salt Lake City, Whiteman etc.

I really wish MAIW would convert their packages to FSX as well. It's nice to fly around and not only have commercial, GA and military A/C flying around you too.

I'm quite surprised when reading this.

Never had problems with importing MAIW or other FS9 voice modifications (with VCPMOD-extension) into EVPX.

Only thing that comes to my mind is that I'm still using the freeware 4.0 version, and that "something has changed" in the payware 5.0 XL version.

If so, a solution might be to "downgrade" to 4.0.

You can still find it on the "Try&Buy" page of the EVP site, bottom of the screen "Download old versions".

Any feedback on what version you're using now will be highly appreciated.

Wim

b727fcaptain.jpgx701captain5.jpg

I'm quite surprised when reading this.

Never had problems with importing MAIW or other FS9 voice modifications (with VCPMOD-extension) into EVPX.

Only thing that comes to my mind is that I'm still using the freeware 4.0 version, and that "something has changed" in the payware 5.0 XL version.

If so, a solution might be to "downgrade" to 4.0.

You can still find it on the "Try&Buy" page of the EVP site, bottom of the screen "Download old versions".

Any feedback on what version you're using now will be highly appreciated.

Wim

Hi dude,

I'm using the free version 4, if this helps?

ChristoffNY

Hi dude

Good Evening Sir,

Only thing I do to import FS9/MAIW VCPMOD files, is changing the dropdown list for the Import-function from "*.EVPMOD" to "*.VCPMOD".

jHRPGYA.png

Then just select the file for import.

Ad3znO4.png

Never had the "imported from another version" message.

Hope this helps,

Wim

b727fcaptain.jpgx701captain5.jpg

Archived