~ How many simmers still have their very first screenshot? ~

Guest boxcar

After a ton of searching, I found it! The very first screen shot i ever posted here, or anywhere else. Keep in mind that I was far from a newcomer to either the simulator or this site. I began flying simulators as soon as they appeared. My platform was a Radio Shack Color Computer that I had souped up tp handle the Bruce Artwick sofware. I joined FlightSim far later in 2005. Anyway, this shot was originally posted in a brief narrative on June 30, 2013. It shows a recently completed replacement panel for a PT-26, also one of my first attempts at making panels. Later, I replaces almost 100% of the panells of the planes I had in the Cyber Hangar.''

Panel.jpeg

I was shy, very concerned about how my FS-9 would stand up against all that beautiful FSX ORBX scenery, so I held back for eons with my screen shots, and when I finally did post, it was not an airplane shot that went first, it was a new panel I had created. I've included one plane and scenery shot so you can judge. In retrospect, I think my FS-9 stands up pretty well. You can tell from the amateurish clip that I really didn't know what I was doing., but I had watched others post for so long, I couldn't wait any longer.

scenery.jpeg

The platform is FS-9, the scenery is Holgar Sandman (freeware), the aircraft is also freeware, Anyway, after that, I was hooked. I jumped in. That was the best thing I ever did. Soon I was posting regularly two or three times a week and really enjoying it. I owe a great deal to this site and the members who have brought so much joy to an old man, perhaps a decent screen shot or two occasionally is one way of saying... THANKS!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ahh, chunky textures! Bell bottoms, leisure suits, earth shoes, cargo pants...

...the past was crap! Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. :mad: -- Bob

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-7700 3.6GHz / GTX1660 6GB / 32GB RAM / 49" Samsung CHG90 / WIN10

Come on, TOP GUN, be nice. Revel in your illustrious new stature and leave the mumbling of the common serf be to fester on the page until rebuked by a certain Natural Born Dutch Royal who fancies himself the worlds leader in aquatic landings.

boxcar "Interesting point you make about FSX being so expensive"

Well, I was meaning indeed -- for the guy hesitating about FSX I think -- that FSX -- at least in France -- has turned much expansive like the boxed version Gold when available, which becomes seldom

In terms of paywares, I think they are of good quality and worth the money as soon as one knows what kind of plane, in what kind of region, etc. one likes to fly. Because a newbie in flightsim, I think, should first make its first wings mostly with freeware until he finds what he likes in flightsim :pilot:

Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

"Am really not after breaking any record" That's the season of records! Have you seen that guy lately who broke the 5,000 post barrier?! :)

about FS2002: it was a good FS, and with a lot of free improvements available. now that I eventually passed FSX about 4 years ago -- only -- I find it a achievement and something that will be hard to forget for any new simulator. Personally I say that Microsoft should re-constitute a team of developers and bring a FSXI, with photogen, Q routes, GPS approach etc.

Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

All the loony things I tried with the many flight simulators I've had through the years, never have I flown through any bridge lengthwise. I'm amazed at the crash. Since I'm a FS2004 hold out, I'm going to give it a try as soon as I'm flying again. My hitting the wall assumes a steady hand, and that's not been the case recently. We'll give it a go any way.

Gérard don't hold your breath waiting for MicroSoft!

Archived