Best Payware Aircraft for FSX Steam?

goodjohn80

Hello Guys,

I am looking for a good payware - short and medium distance - aircraft with fully functional FMC.

I already tried the the FSX Steam Edition: Airbus A320/A321 Add-On (Aerosoft) but it would not install correctly and practically none of the features and extras worked. I actually ended up reinstalling FSX SE to clean up the mess it created.

What are your recommendations for FSX SE?

Thanks in advance and Merry Xmas!

I use FSX SE, and I prefer short-medium range aircraft that have FMCs that are compatible with AIRAC data from Navigraph. Here are my favorites.

QualityWings BAe 146/Avro RJ. Range about 800 nm. It's hard to say enough nice things about this one. Six models, three different panels, two different FMCs, one with working VNAV. Beautiful visuals. Just superb.

FeelThere/Wilco PIC Embraer 170/190. Range about 1800 nm. Probably my favorite as far as the instrumentation.

Majestic Dash-8 Q400. Range about 1200 nm. I waited a long time to get this one because it's a bit more expensive than most, but I'm glad I did. The only other FSX turboprop I know of that compares with this one in terms of sophistication is the Flight1 ATR 72, but I found that one not to be compatible with FSX SE.

FeelThere/Wilco PIC 737 Evo. Range about 1800 nm. I use the 2D cockpit with this one...can't remember exactly what the problem was that I had with the VC. Other than that, another winner. You just can't go wrong with a good 737.

QualityWings 757. Range about 4000 nm. Another great plane from QualityWings. I don't use this one much anymore because it seems overkill for the kind of shorter flights I prefer.

Hope this helps.

I use FSX SE, and I prefer short-medium range aircraft that have FMCs that are compatible with AIRAC data from Navigraph. Here are my favorites.

QualityWings BAe 146/Avro RJ. Range about 800 nm. It's hard to say enough nice things about this one. Six models, three different panels, two different FMCs, one with working VNAV. Beautiful visuals. Just superb.

FeelThere/Wilco PIC Embraer 170/190. Range about 1800 nm. Probably my favorite as far as the instrumentation.

Majestic Dash-8 Q400. Range about 1200 nm. I waited a long time to get this one because it's a bit more expensive than most, but I'm glad I did. The only other FSX turboprop I know of that compares with this one in terms of sophistication is the Flight1 ATR 72, but I found that one not to be compatible with FSX SE.

FeelThere/Wilco PIC 737 Evo. Range about 1800 nm. I use the 2D cockpit with this one...can't remember exactly what the problem was that I had with the VC. Other than that, another winner. You just can't go wrong with a good 737.

QualityWings 757. Range about 4000 nm. Another great plane from QualityWings. I don't use this one much anymore because it seems overkill for the kind of shorter flights I prefer.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for your comments, I will give the BAe and the Embraer a try.

Merry Xmas.

Archived