Shift 5 keyboard entry produces nothing

fragmentum

Has anyone else seen this problem where one or more of the keyboard 'shift + number' does not show a panel in FSX?

Mine somehow does not produce a programmed shift 5 panel.

Tried with several aircraft and even confirmed there are programmed shift+5 panels in the panel.cfg files.

It works fine in FS9, but NOT in FSX.

OS is Windows 7 Home Premium.

Yes, tried different keyboards as well...

Thanks for any guidance...

Don

~ Blue Skies ~

Fragmentum

Sounds like the key combo SHFT+5 has be unassigned to opening up whatever is in the panel.cfg. Maybe assigned to something else, like turning on a light, or lowering flaps, or whatever.

I suggest getting into the Controls menu, the Buttons/Keys tab up top, Views from the lower pulldown menu. You'll have to scan through until you see SHFT+5, if you ever do. Make sure it's still assigned the default, or open the Panel Window number 5.

If not, try hitting the Restore Defaults button at the bottom right of the page. That will reset all the Views key combos, so if you have one assigned to something else, you'll need to assign it again.

Hope this helps a little...

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Archived