Out with new, in with the OLD!

JSMR

Great series of pictures!

My father was a UAL pilot (some of the paints you showed reminded me of when) and he didn't like the 727. At ALL! Of all the planes he flew, it was the only one that he spoke poorly of. He said the T tail would get wind under it, in a crosswind situation, and really make doing a decent landing incredibly difficult. He didn't fly the 727 for very long. Got out of them as fast as he could. Went to the 737, which he liked second only to the good old stretch 8. That plane he dearly loved, and flew for a long time.

Anywho, thanks for a great series of pictures!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Thanks guys. All credit to HJG. Some awesome work from them.

Ahh, the old Lufthansa livery... I totally would prefer that one over the current ones. Much more nostalgic with a bit of style. :cool:

Nice screenies, really atmospheric. :)

Yes I love all the retro liveries. I even put them on my newer aircraft. So much more appeal and class. Todays liveries are just straight out boring.

Great series of pictures!

My father was a UAL pilot (some of the paints you showed reminded me of when) and he didn't like the 727. At ALL! Of all the planes he flew, it was the only one that he spoke poorly of. He said the T tail would get wind under it, in a crosswind situation, and really make doing a decent landing incredibly difficult. He didn't fly the 727 for very long. Got out of them as fast as he could. Went to the 737, which he liked second only to the good old stretch 8. That plane he dearly loved, and flew for a long time.

Anywho, thanks for a great series of pictures!

Pat☺

Oh! Almost forget. Yes, I've had contact with a real pilot (not a wannabe like me lol ) who flew it. The -200 with the -7 and -9 engines were pretty much junk. Although fast. the -15's and -17's better.

I've made a few tweaks to my HJG to simulate it a little better. With the -7 and -9 engines, heavy weights and hot weather, I've read flight levels in mid 20's is the norm. How my tweaks perform.

So maybe he flew the weaker engines. The -100 is a rocket ship though. Or a light -200 with -17's . I've heard a few old timers were the other way and disliked the 737's when they went to them. 'Too slow'!! :D

Archived