No, No, NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

aaronshenhao

Right now I'm using the bojote tweak which puts it at 14. I have a dual core cpu, with hyperthreading on. 3.1ghz.

I would try uploading my g2d.dll file, but I'm not sure whether EULA allows it(meh, it's faulty anyways :P).

I don't know what version it is, it is some kind of computer language. But it is made in 26/09/2007

Could it be caused by an addon? Or is it a problem with the file itself?

Thanks for all your help, I really appreciate it :D

here is an interessting topic about that:

http://www.flightsimworld.com/forums/topic/202278-my-affinity-mask-testing-for-best-usage-of-cpu-cores-hyperthreading/

Read it, that could change things with your core's, if you only have 2 cores, try reduce it to 12 or even less like 5, then try fsx again, could be worth a try too

http://www.speedtest.net/result/4450194567.png

Asus Z170-A-1151 - intel i7-6700K@4GHz - Asus ROG NVidia GTX 1050 TI Strix 4GB - 32GB HyperX DDR4@2400 MHz - Corsair CM750-750W - Corsair H80i v2 Watercooling

Right now I'm using the bojote tweak which puts it at 14. I have a dual core cpu, with hyperthreading on. 3.1ghz.

A Dual Core CPU should not have an Affinity Mask entry in FSX.cfg(even with HT on).

AM=14 is for a quad core, assigning Cores 1, 2, & 3, to FSX, leaving Core 0 to Windows.

Do not trust a backed up FSX.cfg. With FSX off, Rename FSX.cfg, Run FSX for a minute and shut it down. You will now have a completely default, unmolested, FSX.cfg.

The only tweak that should be necessary, and added, for all systems is:

[GRAPHICS]

HIGHMEMFIX=1

The rest of the tweaks can be system specific, and, may, or, may not, work.

There is no reason to "Disable" an add-on plane. Simply don't select it, and it won't be in the loop.

Return your scenery.cfg to default.

The working scenery.cfg is here {C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX}

Rename it to scenery.bak-1-3-14. Inside of the main FSX folder is a default scenery.cfg.

Copy/Paste that to {C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX}.

Fire FSX up, set your resolution to the same setting as your desktop, and using the dropdown boxes on all of the tabs set to medium at the most.

Create a flight with an airliner at a major airport, and thouroughly test...Don

HAF 932 Adv, PC P&C 950w, ASUS R4E,i7-3820 5.0GHz(MCR320-XP 6 fans wet), GTX 970 FTW

16GB DDR3-2400, 128GB SAMSUNG 830(Win 7 Ult x64), 512GB SAMSUNG 840 Pro(FSX P3D FS9)

WD 1TB Black(FS98, CFS2&3, ROF, etc.), WD 2TB Black-(Storage/Backup)

Active Sky Next, Rex4 TD/Soft Clouds

I think the reason for the Affinity mask value set to 14 is to utilise the hyperthreading(I get 5 -10fps improvement with the affinity value of 14)

Anyways, I disabled FSPassengers and everything is working fine! :D I am about to land now :D. Maybe it is a combination of addons, or it could be bad install, or maybe it is gonna crash right after I type this :P.

Uh oh, just missed top of descent, holding pattern...

PS: I used to have my affinity value as 5 before by following another guide, but I found 14 worked best.

I think the reason for the Affinity mask value set to 14 is to utilise the hyperthreading(I get 5 -10fps improvement with the affinity value of 14...

My old dually, with HT enabled performs worse with any AM entry.

That is why I don't recommend all of the tweaks for everyone.

Add a tweak and completely test before adding another.

Anyhoo, sounds like you've got it sorted. :) Good Luck...Don

HAF 932 Adv, PC P&C 950w, ASUS R4E,i7-3820 5.0GHz(MCR320-XP 6 fans wet), GTX 970 FTW

16GB DDR3-2400, 128GB SAMSUNG 830(Win 7 Ult x64), 512GB SAMSUNG 840 Pro(FSX P3D FS9)

WD 1TB Black(FS98, CFS2&3, ROF, etc.), WD 2TB Black-(Storage/Backup)

Active Sky Next, Rex4 TD/Soft Clouds

Archived