Strange error message

westway

I have, of course, as many others, been thinking of what could be going on here, and why I don't have the issues that many others have.

So, here's what I have in my system - at least what I can think of right now:

Asus Z170-A motherboard - BIOS updated to level 3504

Intel i7-7700 CPU, running at 4.2 GHz - not overclocked (yet)

nVidia GeForce GTX 960, latest drivers

16 GB of 2133 MHz DDR4 RAM

Win 10 - updated and system cleaned up after updates as described earlier

Visual Basic, Visual C++ and DirectX redistributables from MS applied

uiautomationcore.dll fix applied

The heap fix from Kosta's blog applied

FSX with Acceleration

Freemesh - all areas

UTX and GEX - all areas

Some payware scenery, from Vidan Design and Drzewiecki Design

Some Alphasim (now freeware) aircraft

What I do NOT have (this list is more difficult, and this is NOT finger-pointing at anyone):

ORBX and Aerosoft sceneries

PMDG aircraft

Let's see if we can find some common denominator - it will be difficult, but we should at least try.

Jorgen

Addition to the list of stuff I have:

AS16 and AS Cloud Art

FSUIPC, latest version (4.91 I believe), registered

Please note that I do not exonerate the products I have on my system from being possible causes of the error, it's just that on my system they don't cause the error.

Likewise, and VERY IMPORTANT, for listing the stuff I don't have doesn't mean it'll cause the issue, it's just that I don't have it.

Jorgen

After a whole weekend has gone by, and no one has even hinted that they wanted to troubleshoot the issue, I must conclude that in the future, every message about errors in the Windows 10 updates and them "breaking your installation" will be a piece of whining without any serious purpose to it.

I hope that I am wrong, and people actually want to find out what is going on, even though it may point to one or more favourite add-ons being incompatible with Win 10.

From what I have read about this, I would be interested to know if anyone with Windows 10 and FSX plus possessing ORBX scenery and/or PMDG aircraft do not have any issues.

Thanks -

Jorgen

Hi Jorgen,

Based on the comments made by the OP at post #17 it seems that the issue was resolved - however, based on what is stated its hard to see what effect the 'solution' had on resolving the reported issue. I suspect that a reboot probably resolved the issue as, IME, many reported Win 10 issues are a direct result of one of the following......

Interrupted update download or a failure to carryout a reboot following an update download when required.

Regards

Brian

Yep, I know the blaming game - or is it the gaming blame? - very well from my time in Tech Support with Quantum Corp. It only stops when someone puts his or her foot down and says "enough already", and I figured in this situation I might as well be that someone. Long Live Her Majesty!

Brian, you raise some valid points. They should have been on my list along with cleaning up the system.

Jorgen

Archived