42" TV as FS monitor help !!

Hi

I recently changed my 2x 24" iiyama monitor setup by removing one of the 24"'s and adding a 42" Plasma TV as my main screen. All is working well and i got the resolution etc spot on. Theres only one thing. I notice that darker colours appear a bit grainy (a fair bit), its very noticeable in FS at night. I used a GTX570 until it died a few days ago (never tested this setup on the 570) so im using a temp GTX280 until i get the funds to buy a better card, Could the card be causing this and/or the dvi-hdmi cable im using ?

Or is there any settings in nvidia inspector or anything that could fix this ?

All advice appreciated !

Thanks

Alan W

My Rig: MS Windows 7 64-bit, CPU Intel @ 4GHz, 4.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 1333MHz , , IIYAMA 24" X2 , NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 ,

Hi Alan,

I'm not familiar with your equipment so can't help you directly but don't overlook the television default settings. Something like dynamic contrast might be enabled which minimizes the difference between bright and dim areas. A boosted low light area might enhance the graininess. A quick way to verify if this is a problem is by paying attention to a dark scene and then panning so that a relatively bright object comes into view and checking for any change in the dark area; there should be no change.

Jim F.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived