New tower

davlawsr

I modified Charlotte co Florida airport(kpgd). Put in an ils approach which is working, a tower and 3 gates. I would like to have clearance, ground and tower communication but I an not not familiar enough with editvoicepack to to make it work. Any help would be appreciated,

Iadded the stations and freq and they work but the airport name is not used. I changed the name as it was Charlotte co airport and nois Punta Gorda airport. and put the name in the stations. Also the progressive taxi is not available.

progressive taxi is only available if there is a taxiway from where ou are to where you want to go. If it's not connected, there won't be a complete taxiroute to assign.

If you added a non existant airport name you will need to add that using EditVoicePack. EVP may have that name already. If not you will have create a new modification and cut and paste it together from other similar sounds. Then save and update the voicepack.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Not sure on where the issue lies in this. EVP or ADE.

Some info on addin frequencies here:

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?302116-Can-t-set-up-new-ATIS

and this. It's not an easy thread to make sense of but contains some info I think is usefull.

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?290235-Help-Getting-Pilot-Voice-to-say-St-Barts-Part-Deux/page2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I checked the airpport out bit.

I see there's already a clearance, but it says "Fort Myers"

No tower or Ground yet.

ok.

I'm thinking:

you want to:

-1- add a tower freq and a ground freq

making them pronounce "Punta Gorda"

-2- make clearance say "Punta Gorda" instead of "Fort Myers".

-3- Are you also trying to change it's ICAO ?? (or have you already).

Or is that not going to be changed?

(Changing ICAO is in "File--Airport properties--Airport ID").

I'll try to do those steps and make a version. (but I'll probably make it say "Muchos Hornos" instead:D:D:D:D)

But I would like a quick reply about that ICAO if possible. It may make a difference.

For one the ICAO is also in the COMMS lists. Also I never changed one.

I'd like to know if you are changing the ICAO before I start.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Based on this info:

QAjkBl3.png

You only need to add a tower and ground channel, clearance stays at Ft Myers.

Unicom can stay, as you'll never see it again when a tower is active.

I used "Punta Gorda" as identifying name, it can be anything as long as you use the same when you go messing with EVPX.

Eqn8chB.png

In EditVoicePackX, create a new sound. Identifier="Punta Gorda", phrase (what will appear on the screen)="Punta Gorda". The sound fragments are trial and error.

N3N6Tmz.png

After compiling, updating voicepack, test the result:

l1lMf26.png

As I have the EVPMOD ready, you can leave a pm with yr email address and I'll send it.

Or I can post it to the file library if others are interested.

Wim

b727fcaptain.jpgx701captain5.jpg

No i'm not trying to change the icao. The tower is already in place along with clearance delivery,ground and tower frequencies. all are working and if I revert back to the name Charlotte county every thing is recognized. I will see if I can work with edv per pour scxreenshots however I have trouble opening the right directory trees.

I'm sorry, another project just came up (non-fsx) and it's taking up all my spare time. Testing, creating and explaining this one would take me too long.

Besides, f16jockey_2 is much better at explaining EVP.:D

Happy Flights,

il.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived