clock time

nikdan00

while this is not really a fsx issue it does affect the time in the sim;my taskbar time and date do not work I have reset multiple times googled it tryed the fixes . after couple minutes reverts back to some other time; date never advances have to manual move forward. os=windows 7/64 any suggestion would be appreciated tks

The only other thing I can think of is when the battery goes out the clock will revert to default bios but that doesn't seem to be your problem. I've worked on a lot of computers but haven't seen your problem the way you describe it. Even with a dead battery, the OS should keep the time you set unless there is some other program that resets it which is why I suspect malware or two clock utilities, or you have two clocks (which I have) and something strange is happening to switch between them?

Whatever you discover, I'm sure it will be something I never would have guessed.

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

clock.jpg

Surely your clock was not bad out of the box?

When did it go bad?

Have you checked how it is set in the bios? Normally the OS will use the clock as set in the bios but setting it in the OS should also reset the system clock which the bios reads.

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

"They go after 2 or 3 years."

He claims his computer is only 8 months old. I have known lithium to last 5 years or more.

Mine is currently 7 and going. Eight months is not enough time for the batt to go dead even if the machine sat in the warehouse for a year.

Setting the clock from the bios, turning the machine off and unplugged for 5 minutes and looking at the bios clock again on startup should determine if the batt is dead (short of putting a meter on it.) If the batt is not dead, you'll save yourself the risk of messing with the MB if you are not experienced.

-Pv-

Replace the battery or contact your computer's tech support and warranty service since your computer is so new, it should be covered. If you built it yourself, you can get support from the MB vender.

-Pv-

Archived