So I tried DSR

silverheels2

Has anyone tried DSR and found any noticeable impact on FSX? I have a GTX Titan and gave DSR a try by accessing through the NVidia control panel. I selected 4.0 and .3 damping automatically pops up. I could see not impact on FSX on my 40 inch HDTV 1080 running 19x10. I did notice my desktop icons sharpened up a bit. I also noticed I now have 38x20 as a choice resolution in FSX and I didn't remember seeing that previously as a choice. I tried that resolution but the task bar was so tiny I couldn't read it, but no noticeable impact on FSX although I didn't fly to check on any change in anti-aliasing look.

Has anyone else tried DSR with any results to report?

Btw, I run DX 9.

Thanks

Yes, I have used DSR for a while with DX10. I was using 3.0 instead of 4.0 with 35 smoothing. I like the sharpness but I did not like the fact that I couldn't use the custom refresh rate of 70hz on my 2560 x 1080 monitor. Yes, the menu bar in FSX is incredibly small with the higher resolution when using DSR. I frequently had to switch to windowed mode in order to see the regular size menu. The information text was fixed with Steve's DX10 fixer, so that helped in that regard. I could tell that my 780GTX wasn't heating up as much when I used DSR, as I would disable SGSS in Nvidia Inspector. In my humble opinion, there isn't a great deal of difference in image quality...nothing that really convinces me to keep using DSR. If I could use the custom refresh rate with DSR, I would likely keep using it.

JOE- Asus P8Z68- V Pro; CPU: Intel i7-2600K 3.4ghz OC'd 4.6Ghz,

8G Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3-1600, EVGA 1080Ti 11G ACX Cooler

Samsung 500G OS drive, 3 WD 1T Raptor HDD

Archived