HOW one Nvidia card can perform awesome FPS , while other is terrible,in same system?

damlays

You say you are not 'tech savy'. Well that is ok. The thing that you have to understand is that you can't have 2 DIFFERENT video cards installed in your computer. If they were the same then you could hook them up together to work in 'SLI' or 'Crossfire' mode (Nvidia=SLI, AMD=Crossfire). But you would need a special cable to connect them together.

You say they are all connected by HDMI cable. So I guess you have a converter / adopter cable coming from your video card. If so then it would be VGA to HDMI as your 27 in Asus does not have DVI input. The Acer does have DVI input. The TV of course only has HDMI input. So, DVI out of video card going to DVI on monitor would be what you want. But then you would be stuck with a 23 in monitor which is not what you desire. Forget the TV. So you must have a cable (adopter) from video card to the 27 inch. Right? Right.

So decide which monitor you want. Then what video card you want. Then download and save the video card drivers, but don't run install yet. Connect the monitor. Windows 10 might not recognize it but Windows 7 will. No matter. Run the video card driver installer (*.exe). It will create folder and place files it needs in there automatically. Now delete your FSX.cfg so FSX checks what video card you have installed. FSX needs to know this. Reboot your computer. Run FSX and set frames to 30 fps (locked). See how it FSX works now.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

I also get the impression you have 2 cards installed. The 580 and the 950.

Also, I don;t see why you want to "explain the difference". I think you should focus on getting the 950 working. Not on comparing two cards.

you had one 850

you now compare it to an 850 + a 950

you should instead just install only the 950.

I think you could not catch the beginning of the story...

At the beginning I had only GTX 950 and my problem was ONLY "very bad performance of FSX" (I was not aware about the reason is display card at that time)

And in many days I tried to find a solution, by many fresh re-installations, trying many different fsx.gfg settings, changing RAM slots...etc...etc (with only 1 display card, GTX 950 attached to system)

After all, I could not find any way of increasing FPS even a little bit...

After I could not find any solution, I decided to try a different thing , AND this time I attached a second display card, GTX 580 to the system and tried again.

THEN,

I saw that this second card is running perfect with FSX with a good FPS! ...SO AT THAT POINT I UNDERSTOOD THAT nothing was about my hardware configuration, or fsx.cgf settings or monitor resolution..etc...., BUT EVERYTHING WAS ABOUT GTX 950 CARD !

So this is the story.

(GTX 580 is just a temporary card..Not belong to my computer.. I took it from another computer temporarily for test purpose only... Because of that I am trying to find the reason , and solution about WHY GTX 950 is not working well)

You say you are not 'tech savy'. Well that is ok. The thing that you have to understand is that you can't have 2 DIFFERENT video cards installed in your computer. If they were the same then you could hook them up together to work in 'SLI' or 'Crossfire' mode (Nvidia=SLI, AMD=Crossfire). But you would need a special cable to connect them together.

Yes this is an option if both cards were same, ..Additionally, second Nvidia does not belong to me..I just borrow it for a temporary time for test purpose. Because of that I am trying to find out and solve the problem between my real display card GTX 950 and FSX.

You say they are all connected by HDMI cable. So I guess you have a converter / adopter cable coming from your video card.

Actually I have 5 monitors, I just wrote some of them (because didn't remember model number of all, and didn't check at that time).. I tested all of them..For example in Asus mx279h I made direct HDMI-HDMI connection.....For sometimes I used DVI-DVI connection ..and sometimes HDMI-DVI with HDMI-to-DVI adapter cable.

After I saw with SAME monitor, SAME cable connection, GTX 580 has FPS 40/s, while GTX 950 has FPS 8/s, I didn't interested in "which monitor", "which connection", "which cable"..questions anymore...

I just focused on this question "why is GTX 950 working like that"..

So decide which monitor you want. Then what video card you want. Then download and save the video card drivers, but don't run install yet. Connect the monitor. Windows 10 might not recognize it but Windows 7 will. No matter. Run the video card driver installer (*.exe). It will create folder and place files it needs in there automatically. Now delete your FSX.cfg so FSX checks what video card you have installed. FSX needs to know this. Reboot your computer. Run FSX and set frames to 30 fps (locked). See how it FSX works now.

Chuck B

Napamule

Yes, I will try that. Thanks.

I think you could not catch the beginning of the story...

At the beginning I had only GTX 950 and my problem was ONLY "very bad performance of FSX"

Maybe there is something wrong with the 950. Start all over with just the 950 and one monitor. And then by leaving everything set the same way just swap out the 950 for the 580 and try that.

GPU: GeForce GTX 1080

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K CPU@4.2GHz

Memory: 16.00GB Ram

Resolution: 3840 x 2160, 30Hz Seiki 39†Monitor

Operating System: Windows 10 Home Edition

At this point I think it would be easier for us to all pitch in and get him a video card. Cheesh! He is from Brasil. Don't know if they have any 'electronics' stores where he lives that can install it for him so he don't screw it all up again with all the off the wall experimenting. Cheesh again!

Chuck B

Napamule

Edit: Don't 'hate' me Brother - we're just trying to 'fix' it but your are not helping!

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

At this point I think it would be easier for us to all pitch in and get him a video card. Cheesh! He is from Brasil. Don't know if they have any 'electronics' stores where he lives that can install it for him so he don't screw it all up again with all the off the wall experimenting. Cheesh again!

Chuck B

Napamule

Edit: Don't 'hate' me Brother - we're just trying to 'fix' it but your are not helping!

THhs reply is for who, or who is from Brasil..I didn't understand anything ???

Okay, problem (thread) should be closed now, as "unsolved".

Final conclusion could be "Because of an unknown (until now) reason , GTX 950 is not suitable with FSX"

Nobody knows the real answer.

Thank you for all replies .

PS.

I provided all information, while I was ready to provide more -if asked-.

So nobody should say the opposite just because cannot find the solution.

It is normal, sometimes you cannot solve the mysteries :)

Do not close this thread. It is interesting and I, for one, would like to read the conclusion to this whatever it may be.

Pls keep it alive and write more, someone will eventually help. And pls do keep us updated with what u r trying and what results u r getting.

If u have access to another 950, try it, if that works then the one u own is simply faulty.

Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good. Now we can get to work. Or have a PC shop check or install your video card. Here are a couple of things to keep in mind if you are going to do it yourself.

Motherboards usually have 1 'X16' slot. This slot has the most 'lanes' and is used for your video card. The other slots are 'X8' and are used for a sound card, etc. The 'X8' card slot will not give you the performance (for the same video card) as the 'X16' slot.

If you have 2 'X16' slots then 2 cards can be used. But each has to have power coming from different rails (12 Volt) from the Power Supply in order to function properly. We can go from here and see what you have / find.

Chuck B

Napamule

Okay, problem (thread) should be closed now, as "unsolved".

Final conclusion could be "Because of an unknown (until now) reason , GTX 950 is not suitable with FSX"

Nobody knows the real answer.

Thank you for all replies .

PS.

I provided all information, while I was ready to provide more -if asked-.

So nobody should say the opposite just because cannot find the solution.

It is normal, sometimes you cannot solve the mysteries :)

I could've told you that before you bought. And still don't know what you thought a 950 would be better then e 580....

...I need an ice cream. Magnum. Almonds. Yum.

Archived