Up loading new scenes?

jmguieau

Hi,

I have played a little on some islands lastly. Files are rather big, but not more than 200Mo.

Issue is that I cannot upload thru flightsim FTP site. Donnot know why...

Any suggestion? If not I will have a look at avsim, does not seem to be limited.

BTW you recognize this one?

Cheers

enb2014_12_26_20_53_52.jpgenb2014_12_28_18_14_12.jpg

I don't know what you are trying to do exactly but...

Use JPG format for the pics and use as much compression as you can.

Crop the pics to the important parts.

Compress them into zip files.

Put the zips in the file library and link to the library in your messages.

Put them on a cloud file storage site and link to them in your messages.

Lastly, as pretty as FSX pics can be, we all have the capability of looking at these pretty pics in our own sim, so the novelty tends to wear off after ten years.

It's still fun to send them to your multiplayer flying buddies though as a way of sharing what they looked like from your point of view.

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

I think he may mean that he has created some scenery and doesn't know how to upload it pv. There is a size limit and it's a bit fiddly from recollection.

IAN

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

Break the scenery into multiple files possibly reducing the coverage area into smaller sections. Uploading the files in parts 1,2,3 of four for example.

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

I cannot split the files, they are finished now. Will not do again.

Perhaps somebody may explain how to split bgl files? I am not sure that is feasible but ready to learn.

BTW the scenery looks very good, the best I did for sure...

Happy new year to all readers! May 2015 be magnificient to you all!!

JM

I cannot split the files, they are finished now. Will not do again.

You don't split the source files. Use something like 7-Zip to compress your source files into a single .zip file.

Then run 7-Zip again to split that single .zip file into multiple compressed .zip files, and limit the size of the part files to a reasonable size.

Here are some illustrated instructions: http://www.newsgroupreviews.com/guides/7-zip-split-archive.html

You will end up with several smaller .zip files which can be uploaded separately. The user would then download all of these partial .zip files, right click on the first part file and 7-Zip (or other zip utility) will reassemble all of the parts automatically.

It sounds much more complicated than it is though, really! :cool:

Bill Leaming http://smileys.sur-la-toile.com/repository/Combat/0054.gif

Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling Military Visualizations

Flightsim.com Panels & Gauges Forum Moderator

Flightsim Rig: Intel Core i7-2600K - 8GB DDR3 1333 - EVGA GTX770 4GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium

Development Rig1: Intel Core i7-3770k - 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD7770 SLI 1GB - Win7 64bit Professional

Development Rig2: Intel Core i7-860 - 8GB DDR3 Corsair - GeForce GTS240 1GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium

NOTE: Unless explicitly stated in the post, everything written by my hand is MY opinion. I do NOT speak for any company, real or imagined...

Archived